Recommendations for Kicktail Decks

Ah, I see: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/
Looks like I have a few tasks to complete before I can edit my own posts.

3 Likes

I use my kicktail all the time, slightest lift to hit the tracks makes for a much better crossing.

3 Likes

Fucking a man. If you know how to use it everything is easier with it.

3 Likes

I have this omen barfight that has idk what you call it, but it drops in the back and works like a kick would. Motors are getting moved to the other side for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

This maybe an unpopular opinion, but my favorite part of a kick tail is acid dropping off curbs. It opens up the routes that can be taken in the city immensely.
Proper vibration dampening needs to be accounted for though. As well as the understanding that you may bend your axles a bit quicker.

4 Likes

The most important thing is the 8 mm shaft and 26 mm (by memory, please confirm) axle length for compatibility.

These were the ones I had:
[[WTS] [EU / GER] 2 x Maytech 6374 170 KV Sensored]

I got lower kv motors in the meanwhile.

1 Like

I think you can get Boadnamics M1 gear drives and hangers, they seem to be a spectacular deal and they work with Bergmeisters if you can get them

1 Like

Yeah, this. I don’t do that much, but it is nice sometimes. I really try to avoid jarring the enclosure that much though if I can help it.

1 Like

Yea. Right.

1 Like

Lol, isn’t that what a non-ollied drop was called?

1 Like

Yea buddy and if you do it off stairs it’s called an acid roll. I just made that up but that sounds pretty good. Or maybe that’s when you mix acid and ecstasy… I dunno

Cantellated tesseract

Acid drop?

1 Like

No thank you I’m good.

1 Like

Basiclly a Short Kicktailed dual Hubdrive is your best bet for having a good easy Pop.

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple nice builds with this deck, but it’s such an odd shape - kinda like a wavy potato. On pneumatics, I’m afraid it would be too tall.

Awesome, thanks I hadn’t seen those yet. $200 is definitely more affordable. Website says helical gears coming in Jan. For lower noise, I think those would be a must.

@ZachTetra, if I can ask, what’s your take on gear drive vs direct? Say Boardnamics vs Mboard.

Bro, any kick tail deck on pneumies is gonna be tall. That aint right. Anyway. You gotta put that shit aside. Or don’t do it.

I have two of these. Not potatoes :joy:. They’re pretty nice.

Edit - gonna need some long axles to avoid wheel bite on a kick tail deck.

6 Likes

That is so close to the shape I want. Fuck! Nice ride though.

1 Like

Jesus that’s a beautiful photo though. It’s like if Russell Crowe decided to go longboarding instead of heaven at the end of Gladiator

2 Likes

Hot damn, that’s looking really good.
What enclosure have u got with the cantellated tesseract?