Recommendations for a prebuilt for my son?

My son got a Link elec board but it stopped working the first week. Wondering if there are any elec boards out there that have shown reliability before he gets another one? If so, would appreciate any feedback on brand and model.

3 Likes

You should totally vesc swap that sucker!

I heard this aussie has a real fire deal on some…

(This is mostly a joke but your son’s dead board could live again)

2 Likes

Exway flex is pretty darn good, or you can go with a cheaper board and have some fun with picking a high quality deck to swap the components onto.

5 Likes

Welcome Mike! I took the liberty of putting this in the right category for you. I hope you find what you’re looking for!

2 Likes

BKB kit and make him assemble and learn.
Otherwise exway flex/backfire Zealot are solid do the $, with backfire probably being more reliable.

6 Likes

There’s plenty of quality pre-builts out there nowadays, what kind of price range are you looking to replace it with?

I’ve personally not heard of that brand.

2 Likes

Also, i hear people love their wowgos.

2 Likes

Wowgo 3x has good reviews, along with the other ones people have mentioned.

exway flex, the backfire zealot, etc.

2 Likes

We’ve been looking exway but hard to find candid reviews on any of the boards. I know no one board is perfect and will not last forever but after dropping 6 bills on a Linky and it stopped working the first week, hesitant to pull the trigger on another one. Its the perfect transportation for school but they dont seem too reliable, and it does not good if it aint workin…

2 Likes

Looking to stay under $1k, preferrably less if possible

Check out Daniel Kwan on Youtube, his stuff is fairly straight to the point and unbiased in my opinion. Not an exway shill like aussie-boston or “average esk8 reviews”

I also like to watch ronnie sarmiento, his stuff is useful too.

7 Likes

oooouuuuucccchhhhh. I’d be tempted to call the bank if they didn’t respond with a replacement.

5 Likes

:call_me_hand: yes I’ve herd lots of good things

3 Likes

I did. Disputing it on my credit card but not sure it’ll hold up or not

4 Likes

btw: thanks for the post:)

1 Like

They(China boards) are getting better on reliability. Post sale service is the spottiest part of it.
Backfire/exway are the only companies with state side service iirc, @ShutterShock may service Revel kits.

I have a Zealot with 500 mi and not had one issue, og belts still holding as well.

4 Likes

A revel kit might be the way to go. Then he could have pretty much whatever deck he wants.

7 Likes

Meepo are extremely reliable too. I’ve had a few and loved them all

4 Likes

Grab a kid and bond with the kit…wait…other way around?

6 Likes

This. I used to ride with a “boosted crew” regularly and a few of them were meepos. always telling me to slow down though… and stopping every 6 seconds at a planet smoothie to charge… but i digress.

8 Likes