Ready to try ESK8 again. *Update*

Well since you mentioned you’ve been riding a boosted for a lil bit, you could go for a deck that’s around that length. If i remember right the Vanguard deck has a 38" and a 40"

The world (and the search function) is your oyster, many GDs to choose from these days.

1 Like

@malJohann Yea. I need to do a lot more research .What brand are yours?

Well that may be perfect.

Your wallet will hate me now.

1 Like

36" ish is great. Still space for a nice 21700 configuration, can mall grab it unless you’re a tiny person, find one with a tail and it’s really maneuverable, still fits in a shopping trolley, less wet wipes to disinfect it (covid19 joke lololololol). It’s not a shortboard but sits nicely in that gap.

Your only real issue is enclosure limitation, which can be fixed with some ingenuity. Our community loves it’s 53" stretch decks or 22" brief decks, there’s not much choice in between but it exists.

1 Like

Yea that’s a bit more than the moon drive , TB or whatever the haggyboard compatible one was lol

1 Like

Ok well I’ve got a few sizes I need to order and find what I feel more comfortable on for sure. What length do you usually ride?

Many Boosted style builds out there, cheers.

2 Likes

So humor an ignorant Fanboi. What are your guys opinions on carbon fiber? 40 inch length drop deck, no need to guess the brand lmaodownload (2).webp (928.1 KB)

Longer deck, longer battery.

If you’re gonna go for a loaded vanguard you neeeeeeeed to choose the correct flex so you ‘load’ the board slightly by stepping on it. If it sinks when you step on it, or if it’s rigid and doesn’t move at all, you’ve got the wrong flex.

Weigh yourself without gear, and with, and if that (small) weight difference is enough to put you between flex levels, always aim for the stiffer one.

There’s no enjoyment in riding a board that feels like it’s made from wet bread

2 Likes

Is portability important for you? Say if you ride to places where you will have to hold/lug it into areas like a mall etc? If so then i wouldn’t go bigger than a 34" deck.

Why not?

2 Likes

@Brenternet Slippage? Maybe I haven’t learned how to tighten em properly. Do you have a preference?

For a first build, i highly recommend a belt drive but with idlers, they push the belt in and prevent skipping and makes free roll better.

Take a look at my build

A few vendors who make idler belt drives are @Janux-esk8 @Boardnamics

1 Like

No but I’d urge you to read this:

1 Like

Must be really fun answering that question with this bad boy.

2 Likes

At least mine doesn’t have an actual butt plug in the back.

1 Like