Ready to try ESK8 again. *Update*

Hey guys. Favorite board breaking newb here. Sorry for all the ghetto threads…definitly gave me a lesson in Internetiquette! And not acting like I knew WTF I was doing.

After plenty of advice and support and research, I gained the balls to ask my PD what laws I was violating during my brief ESK8 stint.

The officers I talked to let me know that while a motorized skateboard didn’t break any written laws, I needed to stay off sidewalks and follow basic traffic/pedestrian laws. (I wasn’t as aware as I don’t drive shrug. )So just waiting for brands to start developing/shipping parts again. Still have a design in mind…

Been practicing on a boosted long board my friend let me borrow. Now im quite ready for a miniboard… Glad Bluespike fixed my gear F UP. Learning as much as I can and heeding your guys advice on patience in building, maintaining parts,how they work, researching battery and gear/belt design and just growing a pair and getting out and riding and not letting cops ruin a good time and investment.

Glad to be riding again. Hope all of you are staying safe. Thanks for the ESK8 wisdom.

8 Likes

It’s only been about 3 weeks since you left, get on with it

3 Likes

@Brenternet 2 months but ok. And that was an apology directed mostly to you lmao

1 Like

Yeah but you were always in our hearts with us

1 Like

@Halbj613 Every group needs an award newb who breaks his crap and fanbois over 1 brand I suppose…

1 Like

Didn’t plan on trying skating at all again after the cops harassed me twice. Just finally called em out at the local PD , and lucked out.

2 Likes

Keep at it mate, and don’t mind the grumpy bearded fatties on here. :duck::duck:

3 Likes

What’s your fixation on a shortboard for esk8?

If you’re doing another shortboard because it’s “what you know how to build”, I would encourage giving a 40+ inch longboard a try for a next build :man_shrugging:t2::thinking:

Unless you know you don’t like long boards, that is. I just find shortboards to not be as fun to ride/not allow for bigger or better specs… Which basically translates to less fun :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yeah going fast on a short board Is so much harder then on a longboard (that’s what I think)

1 Like

No fix on shortboards. Still plan on a 40 inch longboard build. I just wasn’t as comfortable on shortboards, but a month of practice on a meepo mini helped . Still plan on a torqueboard build, just waiting for Dex to start shipping the Geardrive and Vesc and new battery after Covid-19 dies down

1 Like

Get ready for Skunkypoo to come in here and tell us were no good at riding because we dislike(or simply don’t prefer) shortboards :joy:

Love you Kelly :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yup my ignorance made me think it was like a normal longboard. I ate sh** a bunch.

1 Like

Oh shit, I just realised who you are, got-hooked-need-to-sell-mfw-neighbourhood-hates-sk8-boi?! Your avatar change threw me. Welcome back to the fold TB Groupie!

2 Likes

Sigh …thanks. lol

1 Like

What are you riding these days?

1 Like

Bonerboard 2.0.

2 Likes

Well welcome back! Instead of a shortboard or a longboard, why not go for an in between?

Most of my decks which i consider long are around 34~36".

2 Likes

Would you say there is a benefit to that size over either? Definitly game to try something new!

Is that a Gear drive? If so…

1 Like

@NoWind Mini Gear Drive.

1 Like