Rayne Darkside Custom Enclosure 34” |Sony VTC6 18650 | Unity | Maytech 6355 170lkv Sealed | Unik Core Mounts w/15mm Belts | DieBieMS - Migrated from ESB

Nice :+1:. Definitely thinking of doing this for my next project. Looks simple enough and got my vacuum setup almost ready… Keep up the good work

1 Like

You printed on fibreglass?

1 Like

No I didnt, but these guys can, and so can these guys.

I’m pretty sure there are a couple guys on the forum here already using both but you didn’t hear it from me. :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Not sure if I’m doing this wrong, and at the end of the day will have a ball of rolling fire down the street, but here’s the battery pack as it comes along.

2 Likes

Funny enough this is pretty much the boosted board symbol the closer I look at it.

Things are progressing, really just want this to be done at this point!

The deck graphics need wet sanded, sprayed, and sealed, then it’ll be off to the races to see if I can fit all the electronics into the small enclosure area. I might have to drop down to 3P11S ¯_(ツ)_/¯

21 Likes

You are still working on this one?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Looks great!

1 Like

I’ve been following this thread on the old forum and on here, this is looking so damn good with every update.

1 Like

this is legit the most original board i have ever seen. amazing job!

1 Like

Looking fuckin awesome bro!

1 Like

Thanks all! Im learning now that I should have done the taillight resin poor last, it got pretty worked with all the sanding I’ve been doing so I’m going to have to polish it to gloss it up again. But still very happy with how it turned out.

What a stunner I have a soft spot for the Darkside you have taken it next level.

1 Like

Rightly so, its a fucking cracker.

2 Likes

I finished sanding through the ranks up to 800 grit, and now clear coat day is tomorrow. I’m leaning towards matte clear coat but tell me what you think.

• Gloss / Polished Finish
  • Matte / Satin Finish

0 voters

15 Likes

Duuuude, you gotta go gloss. It’ll be poppin!

3 Likes

Man, your work is awesome. Look at my Brightside (Darkside 34) builds :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The darkside just looks good in all configurations, but thank you I appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

It’s been a thought decision, for sure gloss will make it looks like a work of art, but then I’m worried I’ll never want to ride it cause it’s bound to get scratched up. I feel like I’ll be less let down that first time I bottom out on a speed bump if it’s already kind of dulled out on the graphics side!

2 Likes

Man, this project will never end. The ricepaper I used behind the topsheet had too much ink in it and failed to adhere, while I was taping off the board for paint I noticed it was pulling up. A little prying and it zipped right off the board which totally blows.

Yet another 1 step forward 2 steps back moment… :rage: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :sob:

I guess I’m glad I found it now, but what a flipping let down…

4 Likes

That’s next level

1 Like