Rating motor manufacturer’s

Sorry if this is in the wrong place

So I couldn’t find a topic on this( there probably is I just can’t find it)

I’m wondering what you fine folks here who have a lot more experience than me. How would you rate the manufacturer’s of motors for esk8, with the following:

Build quality
Reliability
Performance
Value
Looks
Etc….

Really looking forward to your replies.

Cheers

1 Like

Depends on your budget. Under $200/motor, get flipsky battle hardened. Over 200, look at modified Reacher motors, Landsurf or hoyt st motors.

8 Likes

Maytech:

Build quality: 6/10
Reliability:4/10
Performance: 6/10
Value: 2/10
Looks: 6/10
Service/Guarantee: 0/10

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions, wasn’t aware off some of the brands you mentioned.

2 Likes

damnn burn

2 Likes

I got that feeling

@Anubis also has this thread to compare some of the motors already mentioned, plus I think there’s some other information further down from other people but can’t remember for sure

Where’s the best place to find reachers? I’ve only seen them on skyarts website and no where else but I always see them on builds

1 Like

Couple folks have done group buy batches, @DEEIF @kevingraehl , in the last year. FullSend/@Skyart sell them and @Tony_Stark has some heavily custom ones coming soon.
I believe you can buy them straight from their alibaba store as well, but most likely without the custom specs unless they’ve adopted them to their stock motors.

2 Likes

They’re not good without a pretty substantial list of mods too, so you’ll have to buy one from a good batch ordered by one of the people mentioned. IMO, flipsky motors are going to be the best choice 99% of the time. Even if you want the highest reliability, you’re only getting marginal gains spending double the money

4 Likes

I’ve decided to go with flipsky for my two builds

1 Like