Raptor owners scavenge grounds

Awesome!

How were these hub motors designed?

Was it solely the work of JP or did he get any professional help/input?

Does anyone have the background?

On a combination of ketamine and dmt with a splash of bath salts and ego.

18 Likes

Nah, DMT would have showed him the light. Probably just on smack.

11 Likes

The bath salts took him on a darker journey than normal

2 Likes

:rofl: ahh you’ve taken me back… goddamn i’ve had some good times on ketamine and mushrooms combo.

4 Likes

Should have designed an even more powerful hub motor at the time. Maybe add some heat sinks for copyright infringement?

1 Like

Mate I was too busy trying to stay upright and keep my pants on.

3 Likes

That’s your problem there!! I always build and design better without the confines of pantaloons

4 Likes

Do yourself a favour…

Make sure you listen to all of them… several times. Musical genius.

4 Likes

I like this community

3 Likes

And turtles!

3 Likes

'N booze

2 Likes

The wobble will be insane. The motors aren’t center

2 Likes

Half of these screws are fake, why? There’s 10 threaded holes :confused:

Edit: Wait, I get it! To make DD’s!

4 Likes

This thread smells like fallout 3. I’ll trade my horde of thane for Dogmeat.

7 Likes

Lets put this one to rest.

JP is not an engineer, never has been, and at least never claimed to be. He’d been lucky enough to stumble upon some talented folks. The brains behind the Focbox and Unity are @Deodand & @Blasto.

The Raptor2 was largely just a customized board they designed with an esk8/scooter manufacturer in Shenzhen. He doesn’t even own those designs, which make his claims of patents and harassment of @torqueboards that much more pathetic.

Jason arrived early and jumped on the inherent opportunity provided by a new growing market. Clearly he couldn’t keep up.

The Raptor2 is what happens when you design a board via marketing buzzword.

“Heatpipes”

9 Likes

What if I turn a part on a lathe with 10 holes and an axle. It would fix to the motor with those 10 threaded holes and the axle goes through a classic longboard wheel. I would add a cylindrical adjustment in the motor center hole to center the machined part. Just a bit scared to fix a wheel with small metrics, even if there are 10.!

EDIT: see 2 (rough) ideas on pictures. The first one is mounted on the motor like Enertion outerwheels. The second one is the one with the cylindrical adjustment. The classic longboard wheels is mounted like a basic one on the axle, hold by a nut. We can add some spikes on the flat part to make the wheels solidary in rotation with the motor. This is really not a finish idea, I did it in like 30seconds

Annotation%202019-12-05%20211910|690x465

3 Likes

Whoa dude! 3d and shit!:grinning::upside_down_face:

Btw i can’t unscrew my motors, nor the axle. Screws are stuck AF

1 Like

Yeah I have to use that everyday actually (last year of master industrial engineering). If I can find time beside my last year thesis I might actually make an accurate 3D model and try to machine it. If someone have more time to try this I could take the time to provide an accurate 3D model as well?

And maybe try to put some WD40 (after protecting your motors) and apply small hits on your allen key. It usually works better with small hits than a continuous stress

2 Likes