Raptor owners scavenge grounds

You mean the crossovers?

No the crossovers were like 100 or something

Raptors came with 90 and 97mm options, as well as 100mm crossover wheels.

Are friends still want PU for this motor ? Maybe can make some sample if friend is stuck.

9 Likes

Well yeah I would like that. Especially the dangerous part of testing them :smiley:

No but seriously @jeffwuneo , that would help a lot of people I think. But I would also suggest making them at least 100mm, because of the heat problems we had. I would love to hear other suggestions from raptor owners as well

If someone have set of motor to sending me we can make some sample PU for testing.

7 Likes

I could eventually send you these, but they are a little worn

2 Likes

Is ok. Don’t mean to working too much. Just for measure and test.

2 Likes

I assume you are in Shen Zhen? I have never sent a package outside of Belgium, no idea what it will cost.

Is best to send to my address for Hong Kong. Otherwise very complicate.

1 Like

Could you pm me an adress so I can look it up?

I also have CAD renderings of the outwheels in 90mm with a plastic core reinforcement if you’re interested.

I went through 2 molds only to find out 97mm wheels was creating significantly more heat/loss of torque vs 90mm, so I’m doing it again in 90mm

1 Like

If anyone wants to ship stuff to you I can help with paperwork, FedEx or DHL is the easiest way to ship into CN or HK and they both can provide customs clearance and ITN services. Anyways feel free to hit me up if you need these guys to send a CI or trade docs along :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Can share If like but we plan for study motor first. We can make some small alu tool for this wheel and pour some. I think 90mm is good also because no want to adding for more stress.

3 Likes

I send you message later.

1 Like

@Andro @jeffwuneo Bless you guys! I don’t know how many people still use these hub motors but personally I would stock up if they become available. Also, it would be fair to charge extra due to lower demand in the future as these hub motors die out in the future.

1 Like

Thanks @Andro @BluPenguin @RobNO @jeffwuneo and everyone working on it or helping -I would also be interested in stocking up with outwheels!

I am in the minority that doesn’t want to give up on R2. With all its problems, it is actually the most enjoyable of my boards -and heat dissipation is not so much of an issue where I am, since most of the time ambient temperature is between 2C and 15C.

Funny enough, the first-generation outwheels were outstanding -I had about 500 miles of riding agressively with no deep cracks whatsoever.

Then there were like 4-5 iterations where Enertion was trying to improve the formula -once my BMS/battery got fried and they sent me a replacement 2.1 (so lucky @Chibatterysystems was still working there and handled my case!), these supposingly improved wheels are so much worse. In probably 200 miles of much more weary riding (initially due to unity-related cut-offs and then due to awareness of the failure rate), they have developed some deep cracks -I reckon at that rate in probably a few months they will be unsafe.

At least I hope it is the new formula and not the new motors -first ones where the black ones, these are the silver.

But bottom line, even if the design of the motors is not good in terms of heat dissipation etc, it is possible to get PUs with reasonable mileage out of them, at least when you’re not in a hot country.

The plan is to phase out all “quirky” bits (BMS/Battery/hubs) as they fail, but I think I can see the hubs lasting for a good 2-3 years -it would be good to have spare pairs of PU for that period.

4 Likes

My engineer can study motor and make some test first. For formula use thermoset PU for handle high temperature like make for our neoHUB. We think can be ok and no need barrier for this way.

For mould we make by aluminium and can make for smaller size so fitting better for motor to have less room for allow dirt under PU.

For front plastic we make simple face for attach.

Also because we only make small volume is need some high cost for PU.

8 Likes

Dirt under PU was never a problem, the original PU fit tight enough, need hammer to get off wheel. The problem was the PU was too thin and rip apart after use, I think the PU need reinforcement or the problem will still exist

3 Likes