Raptor owners scavenge grounds

I see skitzor’s point. If you purchased the raptor as if it was a kit DIY, its not bad. If you bought it as if it was an RTR, then you’re in for a bad time.

3 Likes

Diy or complete doesn’t change the fact that the design and construction is poor…

To play devils advocate, does anyone know the values the unitys and Focboxes were set to? Instead of poor thermals being the main culprit, was Jason’s vesc tuning also a culprit? (Specifically batt and motor Max)

@AlanZhou you’re the only person I remember buying the hubs when they were offered on builders, what settings did you run them at, and have you experienced the same issues?

Yeah your weight (lack of) might make a difference, but I imagine it can’t be the 'make or break ’ factor

3 Likes

the hubs are not bad themself, its that they are too powerful to be in such a small enclosed space.
i ran them at 40a per motor and felt throttling and then later upped it to 80a it still throttled but felt less bad.

3 Likes

60, -60, 30A battery, not sure about regen

2 Likes

Because they work. Because meepo is a cheap company. Not a scam company that doesn’t pay their employees or scam customers. Because they support their products. Pretty obvious.

4 Likes

Bad design. Bad company. Bad all around. They aren’t good for anything other than shit talking about.

3 Likes

I recall a few members way back asking for a dual esc which enertion gave them in the end.

They’ve been good for that next to the og focbox. Not saying that the unity is a good thing. I’ve never tried one.

I got into diy starting with focboxes. I thank them for this.

2 Likes

What’s your range on the Raptor 2? I upgraded my Raptor 1 with a Raptor 2 spacecell and getting about 25 ish km out of the pack (30A battery, 60A motors). Bit disappointing imo …

2 Likes

I get between 20-25 stock settings

2 Likes

Cheers, that’s what I get, depending on terrain, riding style, and weather conditions.

2 Likes

That seems reasonable. used to get about 15 kms out of the 10s3p. Now with the 10s4p I’m hitting the 25 point.

1 Like

No offense but the hubs are good. Definitely more torque than a meepo, I’ve ridden one and friend who daily drives a meepo agrees. Anything 1:1 ratio gets hot and duh will use more power. Hummie’s kv is capped for 30mph for a reason, low kv, more efficient. I ride almost everyday also running the my 2.1 hubs at 35A each. More than enough power for daily use and they have yet to fail once, unlike my old sk3 motors. What else can u ask for?

Yes the urethane wears fast, that is the only problem.

1 Like

It’s the best esc any company has made to date

2 Likes

It’s a pretty substantial problem WHEN YOU CAN’T GET REPLACEMENTS.

3 Likes

OG Focbox? :thinking:

I’ve blown those, also no Bluetooth app. And they’re singles.

tenor (1)

13 Likes

My unity does funky shit that my 4.12s don’t probably user error or need. Firmware update

I haven’t experienced any sagging either. Seems to be perfectly good battery

Does anyone have the raptor rspec wheels that they want to sell?