Raptor owners scavenge grounds

Hey,

I have a challenge with my Raptor 2.1. As soon as the battery level goes below 50% the board randomly turns off. Does someone know what the issue could be and how to fix it?

Few questions: does the board charge to 100%? What are the settings on the Unity for voltage cutoffs, amp settings? After it turns off can you turn it back on?

Wasn’t sure if this is the right place to put this, but I’ve created a sub-community on reddit (/r/enertion) that we might be able to direct people to. I’ve seen people scattered about amongst forums, YouTube, Facebook, et cetera with no idea what to do, and I feel reddit is very accessible compared to most mediums.

Feel free to send people to the subreddit to create discussion and and provide support.

4 Likes

Welcome @Illustrator!
as @BluPenguin stated some additional information will help us help you. Sometimes when a battery behaves in this manner it can be related to a dead p-group.

if you find you are reaching the limit of daily posts its likely b/c you are new to the forum. one of the mods can help you

@BillGordon @Dareno @anorak234 @jamie @mmaner @Sender and @Zach

while you are waiting on your improved level why not drop by this thread and introduce yourself

1 Like

Fixed.

2 Likes

Welcome @demarci thanks for the reddit reference. Seems like you care a bit about esk8 enough to start that subreddit. would be nice to learn more about you and your plans with esk8. head over to the introduction thread and share a bit about yourself and plans!

1 Like

Hello friend. For quick update, we can receive motor this week I think and my engineer will take all measure and start work on making design for sleeve. After design, we will print sample for fit test, then start make aluminium mould. After mould we start make sample and then can testing with motor. If ok we can making 100-200pcs and I think need maybe 20-30 day.

11 Likes

I hope you figure it out! I’m going for a final attempt this week, if my mold ends up crap again then its just up to you man :joy:

We think can be ok! :slight_smile: Just need motor first to testing with.

1 Like

@BluPenguin I have to check the settings on the unity. Regarding the other questions, yes, I can charge it to 100%. After it turns off I have to wait a few minutes until I can turn it on again. However, if I do so the board turns off again after just a few meters. Having said that, whenever I turned it on 2 or 3 times after the first time the board doesn’t let me turn it on again until I put it on the charger.

If it is charging to 100%, then it does not sound like you have a dead P group (preferably if you can verify this with a voltmeter). I would investigate the unity settings, it could be something as simple as low voltage cutoff is too high

Hello - thanks for your support of the /r/enertion subreddit I’ve created. I’ve only learned about enertion’s disappearance yesterday and attempted to do my part to contribute posthaste because I have 2 Raptor 2.0’s and thankfully nothing has gone wrong yet. One of them I actually had sitting in a box for over a year and had -just- opened it yesterday (haven’t ridden it yet). My opening the box led to my curiosity to see where enertion is at, and I was saddened to see they vanished. Thus, I hope I can do my part to band the community together. I know there are avid e-skate enthusiasts on places like this forum, though I worry about the average person or novice who bought a board by happenstance - what happens to someone like that? Someone who doesn’t follow the scene but happened to pick up the board, like me?

They’ll freak out when their board dies and they see enertion is gone. I hope to act as a support channel for everyone. I’ll try to contribute if I can, whether it be this forum or the subreddit I’ve created.

My main plan of action, if possible, is to bolster support for this wheel effort led by jeffwuneo. I understand that creating a mould and finished product can be difficult and costly - furthermore it can be hazy especially when you don’t know how many orders you’ll be able to fulfill.

I will try to use the subreddit to counteract this haziness - hopefully I can keep track of how the wheel development goes. I might make something like a Google Form and track who wants wheels, how many, et cetera… and if I can, I’ll follow up with them for orders if jeffwuneo succeeds.

I may be going overboard with all this and you can let me know if I am - I’m just trying to help, is all. If any of you are redditors, please feel free to contribute to /r/enertion by making posts, subscribing and staying active and helping anyone else that happens to post there. I genuinely believe that despite the disappearance of enertion itself, we can still be somewhat self-sufficient haha.

5 Likes

That’s about 3% overboard :smiley:
But hey, I did the same thing making this thread. :+1:

1 Like

I guess you found it but it may be a short circuit between 2 phases. If the hub seems to be braking it’s probably that

1 Like

That printer accuracy is savage

5 Likes

Well I should have made this post because I took all the measurements for my mold several months ago

It fits well. Now I need to choose the right release agent and a good urethane

9 Likes

@BluPenguin got the settings finally: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s5QL3FHBhXFtXw4s09MZoxMiyebwakTjLdtJT6qEdqQ/edit?usp=sharing

I figured that I could upgrade the fw to 23.46 but I don’t think this will fix the issue

What’s up with your hall sensors? I would load the latest unity fw and redo all settings + motor detection.