Raptor 2.1 BMS/Battery Balance

40 cells 150bucks ,BMS 30,wires laying around, metal bridges 30 bucks… And in the end… the rear wheels rip apart… Again (at my 5 pair btw)… I don’t know what to do… First I need to do is find a new job… Don’t have the money at the moment. Alles Scheisse

If you want, send me your bad pack, I can salvage the good cells in it and combine them with the ones I have on hand, should be fine at 2/2 cells per P group. I’ll do it for $40+shipping including materials.

3 Likes

Your crazy mate! What a steal off a offer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I got a new kweld to play with and I’m not as focused on helping the community as kevin is :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Wow that is a good deal. Now I just need to see how much shipping will be. Cross country at that weight.
I have to budget myself don’t wanna sound cheap but it’s really suck when you don’t have a weekly Income.

1 Like

The irony of all this is that the board never performed perfect either way. The battery has been replaced through Enertion. I am still in contact to the local guy who did it.

Hear a video of me riding it in the past with no cuts or stupid music

1 Like

Thats not ironic at all. Probably done poorly then as well,
curious as to whats under the shrink wrap

So at 208 lbs and my driving Style (full throttle everywhere I can) how far should I come in R-Spec mode… Should I solder in a t piece and a wire into a backpack with more batteries

I would like to know to how does it look like underneath… Depends on @BluPenguin

I save up some money and sent it over but for now

1 Like

1 Like

it would take hours to rebalance properly but I may be willing to attempt it provided none of the individual cells are below 2.8v

Here a better shoot

Hey we got the same hairdo

1 Like

Hard to tell since nothing is exposed. Looks alright though… very organized

ok now that I’ve seen your amazing hair, yes, bring beer and that battery. PM me your number and i’ll text you my address.

5 Likes

The cells themselves are actually pretty well put together. It’s the BMS that was crappy.

1 Like

I removed the bat one which was marked as 0 0 4 and installed a new one marked as 0 0 6

I’m not sure the balancing circuit changed between those, just the mosfet for charge current switching. Either way, ya need to get that pack fixed/replaced before you plug a new BMS in.

1 Like

My reply won’t help, but just to tell you I had the same issue, the Enertion BMS was a bad design over multiple iterations. My 2.1 died in the same fashion, however the battery wasn’t over charged and didn’t discharge to zero - so I got lucky. The cells were out of balance though, a few were 3.6v, others 4.1v. So I’m using a 200ma PC fan to bring the cells that were at 4.1 down to 3.6 (I’m using the balance connector pins). Then it’s likely I’ll get @Lee_Wright here in the UK to help me do something with the 30Q cells. You’re in good hands though @Jomant, @longhairedboy will fix you up.:zap:

4 Likes

I am still so surprised that everyone is so helpful here. I am just so disappointed about Enertion. But on the other hand I start learning more about the subject.

6 Likes