Random Great Deals 2020 [Serious]

The A123 LiFePO4 batteries at Batteryhookup are now on sale for $49 for the 12s4p modules ($1 a cell).

4 Likes

@Skyart want to split shipping? or are you already drowning in cells

2 Likes

Fuck me I bough 100 cells years ago at $6/cell. And that was a crazy good deal! New cells though.

These cells might be really really really old. But at $1/cell, wow. Iā€™m very tempted.

3 Likes

Iā€™m down!

1 Like

fyi for me it says shipping for one is $29.83, shipping for five is $82.70, shipping for ten is $118.80

shipping just for one kills the deal ($1.69/cell), but for five it works out to $1.39/cell, for ten it works out to $1.29/cell

2 Likes

Do we wanna get 5 of em them? My only issue with these cells is that they are huge! And the capacity is not great.

2 Likes

i agree, itā€™s a deal in search of an application. the worst way to buy esk8 equipment. butā€¦ $1.39/cellā€¦

also i canā€™t remember who posted recently here that it took them forever to breakdown the 4s4p submodules

1 Like

Yeah I feel like I would rather pay 2.7 per cell for the QB26800, that have triple the capacity of these

1 Like

Personally, I think that if we could figure out the BMS, we could use the packs as-is, rendering these amazing value. If you and @sesat want to do this, I am on board too.

1 Like

i think they are huge though, not sure if there is space for bindings if the pack is placed between the feet. i thought i once saw a pic on this site of the pack laid on top of an mtb deck, but i was too high to remember who posted it or in which thread. i think someone joked about just attaching the trucks directly to the pack

i expect the bms for a ups to have modest current output, and be tough to bypass, but i best do some digging before jumping to conclusions

hold up let me watch https://youtu.be/3jPYyGjWqck iā€™ll be back in a few

1 Like

haha, sounds like a good idea for Bustinā€™s ā€œskate everythingā€ challenge. They did actually do just that to an old TV ^^

That should be the expectation, but look at those fat busbars - why would they use so much copper if it werenā€™t designed for high discharge?

Yeah Iā€™m thinking I need to get another hummie deck and a single stack enclosure to make a 16S2P with them as they wouldnā€™t fit well in my double stack enclosures.

Or perhaps I could use one of my torqueboards decks, maybe I should get another one of those.

1 Like

Yeah, this is what they are best for, imo. I put one of these together for somebody and plan to build a couple more since that turned out so nice. Hummie deck, 12S3P (could have fit 13S3P) A123 M1B, 30A/5065 motor, etc = a really solid deck for ~$650 all in, charger and everything. Did 35 mph w/ a 200lb rider np and got almost 20mi of range while cruising responsibly (but still quickly) on 97mm thane."

I think the extra P group is well worth it over the additional V of 14-16S since these sag so little compared to liions.

3 Likes

bruh @RyEnd do you have pix or a diagram of your pack layout in the hummie

Photos plz! 15s2p (30 cells) barely fit singlestack for me. Btw itā€™s 15s because hummie motors, wanted a bit more speed. Also, no room for more cells.

I would not go 16s.

2 Likes

What VESC can even handle that?

Any vesc that supports 13s liion?

1 Like

weā€™re on a lifepo high here pardon us

4 Likes

Oh of course. Pardon my intrusion. Donā€™t let me kill your high :joy:

3 Likes

bruh wanna play the ā€œif I can buy a123 26650 cells for next to nothingā€ game? just sketch out an arrangement under the deck or in the topmount box of your choice

1 Like