Random Great Deals 2020 [Serious]

Yeah, this is what they are best for, imo. I put one of these together for somebody and plan to build a couple more since that turned out so nice. Hummie deck, 12S3P (could have fit 13S3P) A123 M1B, 30A/5065 motor, etc = a really solid deck for ~$650 all in, charger and everything. Did 35 mph w/ a 200lb rider np and got almost 20mi of range while cruising responsibly (but still quickly) on 97mm thane."

I think the extra P group is well worth it over the additional V of 14-16S since these sag so little compared to liions.

3 Likes

bruh @RyEnd do you have pix or a diagram of your pack layout in the hummie

Photos plz! 15s2p (30 cells) barely fit singlestack for me. Btw it’s 15s because hummie motors, wanted a bit more speed. Also, no room for more cells.

I would not go 16s.

2 Likes

What VESC can even handle that?

Any vesc that supports 13s liion?

1 Like

we’re on a lifepo high here pardon us

4 Likes

Oh of course. Pardon my intrusion. Don’t let me kill your high :joy:

3 Likes

bruh wanna play the “if I can buy a123 26650 cells for next to nothing” game? just sketch out an arrangement under the deck or in the topmount box of your choice

1 Like

It’s only 57.6V fully charged :wink: You could filter voltage spikes if you really wanted to.

I don’t have any docu of the A123 build… I built it over many beers w/ a neighbor and they split last week and I haven’t heard from him. My first round cell battery pack build, and not my proudest work. We just welded twelve 3P groups, folded nickel between them, double strips on the outside series connections. Didn’t spend the most time on construction bc he didn’t give a fuck and I was mostly there to get some weld time in. Didn’t even shrink wrap it, just a crap ton of kapton, but it ended up just barely squeezing into the cutout width wise (shrinkwrapping would likely require sanding to remove a mill or two) and it was <500mm long, leaving enough room for the bms and maker-x dual. Pretty sure another P group would fit in place of the BMS np.

3 Likes

Trampa offers 10% on everything bought in the COVID time (Not sure how long the timeframe is though)*

*bought items are shipped AFTER they can get back to the shop and the carriers give green light.

Code : 12345678

8 Likes

15% discount on everything :slight_smile:

Shipped as normal

code: STAYATHOME

11 Likes

This Ebay listing for HLG-150H-48A is likely the best deal for an adjustable 12s 3.2A charger ever. MeanWell makes high quality efficient stuff - this charger does does not need a fan because it is 93% efficient.

Both voltage and Current are adjustable. It is CC/CV. Read the Specs.

Tip: Shipping is much more reasonable if you buy 3.

10 Likes

hell yeah just bought one.

3 Likes

Trampa have some vesc6 on there clearance corner (refurbished) for £125 a piece

8 Likes

If you need a 12v/24v PSU for your balance charger or boost charger, this is hard to beat: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264727758403
(Only for those who actually know how to DIY build a Charger. This is not plug n play)
Edit: here is what you’d have to do to make it work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lF1sIgIlA

2 Likes

@BillGordon can we merge this thread with the Good Deals Thread? Or that thread with this one? Or just close one? Having two makes my balls itch.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s the cause.

4 Likes

Well the lice probably dont help but im putting a solid 70% on this two threads business.

2 Likes

Just shut this one down, all the deals are expired probably

1 Like

Please use the “Good Deals Thread” going forward:

Thanks, all.

3 Likes