random CAD Dump update 4/7/21

yours looks nice tho. mine is just a box with screws lmao.

1 Like

i just went through you cad dump

wow! very nice stuff youbgot
lots of amazing references!

did not notice you have a uboc .step already :joy:

guess we bout have 2 :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow how did I not see this until now! Really interested in the remote covers, but how do you print them? I can’t seem to figure out an orientation that really works well without requiring a ton of supports and leaving a rough surface on the inside.

1 Like

they all print standing upsidedown

2 Likes

all the remotes have a flat section on the top.

so they needed to be orientated upsidedown
I also used tree supports for these. conical supports are also decent.

7 Likes

do you have the step file for this @SpeedDemon ?

1 Like

Xenith Enclosure MK2 v12.step (6.8 MB)

2 Likes

thank you bunches :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Kaly XL deck
Kaly XL deck v2.f3d (1.3 MB)

Does anybody have the newer version?

2 Likes

Update 4/7/22 added more stuff.

3 Likes

Has anyone had problems with the vx2 pro case? I´ve tried printing half of it to test fit, and it just doesn´t match the curve, the part with the throttle and buttons do match, I haven´t changed any dimensions, maybe they manufactured different case? Thanks in advance

2 Likes

can you upload an image?

1 Like

Also print just half and the shape is out of original remote. Have plan to design my own case but still no time:(

1 Like

so I started designing a minimalist truck

I wanted it to be compatible with most existing drive mounts. the integrated mounts are just a bad idea and will probably end up being a separate piece. some people have expressed interest in these already so I might try to get a prototype set and see where I can go from there

it uses surfrodz 8-10 stepped axles, which I tried my best to remodel, and a standard kingpin that can be got at most skate shops, plus standard barrel bushings and pivot cup. has like 4mm of offset if you flip the hanger.

2 Likes

either the uhhh
hangers are thiccer than a bolw of oatmeal

or that bit that sits between the bushings is uber thin

also looks kinda restrictive? how would you get the hanger on with a hole that small? and what about whn you turnv

the kingpin goes in last

I’ve simulated the turn, the hole is actually a slight oval and allows for turning up to and past a board bite

22mm square with 4mm chamfered edges

the area between bushings is 4mm iirc which is pretty standard

1 Like

how about bushing adjustment?
is there enough thread engagement?
(also looks like, impossible to machine this truck if not financially infeasible)

should be as I’m using premade axles, and there’s I think 6mm of thread engagement on the baseplate with the kingpin.

if you ignore the integrated mounts it seems more machinable maybe, idk. this is my first go at a truck.

that’s def not enough thread engagement, especially when you want to account for bushing adjustment and stresses

iirc the ideal min thread engagement for a given screw should be 1-1.5x that of the diameter into steel, or 2.0x that of the diameter into alu

also, looking at the chamfers, specifically in the middle, are not possible (hint there’s no bits with a 0mm diameter)

2 Likes

This is great info, now I know how this thing needs to evolve.

I don’t know a fuckin thing about CAD