random CAD Dump update 4/7/21

It should be much easier in blender since that program is designed for organic modeling and sculpting. Cad programs are way more difficult when it comes to making organic shapes but they have the benifit of being very accurate. You’d have a lot of trouble making something functional with blender because you can’t measure tolerances/scale in bender(that I know of)

1 Like

I feel like we are needing a general CAD chat on this forum. I was thinking a separate one for CAM/Design for manufacturing questions for people trying to produce parts after designed in the CAD thread lol.

Then after that a thread full of people to CNC the thing you designed and all that. haha the full rip.

1 Like

I think this was the point of the exercise but I dont remember well, highschool was a while ago

1 Like

goes great with our massive threads of part files, like this one. That can be left unspoiled of this these general CAD chats.

shut up, I watch Ian Huberts lazy blender tutorials with breaks of Capt disillusionment vids the same way I watched tales of crypt with jumps to nick at night shows in primary school. why? bc that shit was harder than what I was ready for. someday.

1 Like

Slowly work up to sustaining the workload eh?

This guy should run the something something

1 Like

the Lazy tutorials have gems of humor, but I probs only understand a fraction of the jargon. the pacing makes me anxious.

but on topic, I would appreciate an STL dump with a 44 red ember in it. I would like to have a so-so accurate model around the wheel cut outs for transmission designs.

I need a spot on model of the W surface near the center of deck to 3d print a better support structure than the hand shaped Alumicast riser that allows for Lipos and the aluminum top hat.

If its on ur desktop, send it, otherwise, I should probably work it out my self.

Find me a good image of the top/side view and the length of the board and I can probably make one in like 20mins once I get home.

1 Like

The concave would be hard to get right without owning the product. Do you own it?I might be able to guide the process of measuring the concave.

I got the product, cut product and straight up. You’re not a cop are you?

2 Likes

hides badge Of course not.

3 Likes

update. added vx1 remote CAD and case

2 Likes

Does it have internals? (Could it be printed to replace an existing shell)

3 Likes

It would be cool to see a modified version of the vx1 case :call_me_hand: some cool TPU combos

1 Like

No it doesn’t. I would have to take the remote apart and measure every component for that to work. at the moment I have no reason to do that.

2 Likes

Update 7/25. added more stuff.

4 Likes

update 12/16/21 added 3d printable top mount enclosures for the ubox and xenith and some more stuff.

2 Likes

@poastoast he beat u to it

Damn is this all you do? CAD 24/7 :joy: good work man.

1 Like

hey

i don’t have the free resources to do it
and i still make all my stuff free

1 Like