RAMM board Offroad build | 12s6p Glyphiks built battery | ZFG Esk8 enclosure.

Expiration dates on loctite exist for the highest performance situations that require certification, I’ve used 30 or 40 year old blue 242 loctite with no problems.

3 Likes

Good to know. Cheers.

2 Likes

@JeffyJ for loctite and all sorts of other hard to find bolt, nuts etc try L&T Venables. They have two sites in Perth, north and south

Saves on waiting for shipping.

2 Likes

Yeah awesome. Thanks heaps

1 Like

Just a photo dump from after I’ve JB welded the motor pinion. Good as gold now haha

12 Likes

This did not age well. I’ve had it come loose, twice.

6 Likes

Skill issue

2 Likes

Have bought a few new bits and bobs to upgrade this build.

Firstly I’ve upgraded to Matrix 3 trucks and Radium Performance mounts. My plan was to run the 155mm chunky offroad BRPs for offroad racing but I stupidly didn’t realise the gears won’t reach each other with these mounts :man_facepalming:

So I’ll go to belts and mount a wheel pulley to the SRB gears on the BRPs so I can still use them.

I also needed to upgrade to the 70mm axles to accommodate the wide BRP wheel hub. I can assure you all that those standard Matrix 3 axles aren’t going anywhere under normal use! They were a bitch to get out. Blowtorch for minutes then a hammer onto the hex head key to get them out!!

I’ve also got some 9inch tyres to try on the XL MBS rims for more rocky offroad tracks. Now my SRB gear idea is out the window I’ll need to get some wheel pulleys for these now.

Got plenty of work left to do on this one still!

6 Likes

Glad someone knows how to loctite in axles

Also lol at mount sizing to needed c-c difference.

1 Like

Yeah they were stuck in there good!!!

And I feel very silly not thinking about the mounts being too long haha.

1 Like

Have you pondered chains?

1 Like

I definitely have. Just more money again. I’ve spent enough for now :sweat_smile:.

I have a bunch of pulleys and belts lying around already so will do that for now. But chains are a thought in future for sure.

1 Like

Get the bigger Iso 6B…
Don’t mess around with #25H

2 Likes

Well I didn’t need much convincing but just organised through @Facko a few sets of sprockets and pinions for chain drive on this board.

Some 41T sprockets for the BRPs and some 45T for my 9 inch MBS wheels.

Whilst I wait for it all to get made and shipped I’m throwing on my Tomiboi Hubba with 8 inch tyres and 72T MBS pulleys.

5 Likes

Definitely 06B iso is the way. It is pleasure to produce for You 45t stainless steel sprockets. Can wait pictures on This setup :metal::skateboard:

5 Likes

Do you have a website or shop for yours @Facko

1 Like

Hi No. selling parts via forum and facebook. Just have YouTube channel. To have website now it is not reliable for me. Maybe later

1 Like

Love that sandblasted finish

4 Likes

Should t-race this things for shits and gigs

1 Like

Threw the 8 inch roadies on until my chain sprockets arrive.

Had a few issues getting pulleys off an older set of wheels but got there in the end haha

Also got the Robogotchi Pro and GPS installed.

*Edit: turns out this setup will certainly not do for now. Only lasted 1km and couldn’t handle the terrible belt slip. Pinion too small and belts too short. Just ordered some longer belts and will swap the 14T to 16T to try improve it.

5 Likes