RAMM board Offroad build | 12s6p Glyphiks built battery | ZFG Esk8 enclosure.

Yep, mine not far off that! One more time and there’ll be a hole for sure

1 Like

Wow I’m kinda surprised by that. I push my board HARD and my motor gear hasn’t flinched. I used loctite 648 and gave it a week to cure.

4 Likes

Maybe i should have left it longer to cure, or maybe the 648 is better :man_shrugging:. Hopefully the JB Weld does the trick now.

So your motors are completely unserviceable now?

2 Likes

Probably. If i need to I’ll still try melt the epoxy on the gears off with a blow torch. Don’t like my chances but fingers crossed i get plenty of life out of these motors.

oh lord :rofl:
648 and a few days of curing should be more than enough

1 Like

This is why I tell people ONLY loctite 648 and let it cure for a whole week.

I’ve installed 5 sets of BNAT drives and none of them have had the pinion come loose

4 Likes

Ive never had an issue with 18-24hr cure and 648.

Actually lastime i used loctite cleaan and prime and let it cure for 2hr max and is holding well after 50 miles

2 Likes

Wait I’m so confused :smile: you put jbweld on the motor shaft? :champagne::champagne: Phenomenal solution, but yeah give it atleast a 72hr cure

1 Like

Just like @Evwan said, I used 648 and even with applied heat from the torch it was a pain to pull off easy.

1 Like

Well 648 seems to be the better choice :sweat_smile:. Too bad nowhere around me sells it and i am too impatient to wait for an online order.

Hopefully by the time the motor is dead, so are the gears so i can just cut it off haha

Lmao I used 648 and rode it after the minumum 30 minute cure time, then let it sit

It hasn’t moved in 330 miles of abuse

1 Like

Ok, ok, I get it, 648 next time haha

1 Like

Haha yeah it would be nice if it was included with the drives but it’s a little messy / time consuming / difficult to do

1 Like

@JeffyJ holy smokes those prototype rims are beauties

1 Like

638/648/680 Loctite retaining compound is such a worthwhile investment, order from Aliexpress if you’re trying to get around import fees and overpriced local hook-ups.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah i love them! I believe @Jaws has very similar coming out soon.

1 Like

Thanks. Only thing stopping me is I’ve read the expiry date is quite short. Or is it just one of those lame ways to make people buy more when it’s ‘expired’ ?

Let me beat a dead horse here and say 638, 648, and 680 only.
Bonus points:
Use coarse sandpaper on the motor shaft.
Install it without the key first and spin the pinion around to coat it evenly. Then take it off, loctite the key in, and add even more loctite.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s my bad, not your product. I just didnt have the right stuff around. JB Weld came out of frustration having to open them up so often i wanted a permanent fix :sweat_smile:

And just to clarify. I should be using loctite 648 next time I think. It seems I may have read it somewhere. Can’t put my finger on where I’ve seen it

1 Like