Raijin Blade Build

Yeah I’m hearing you dude. Trust me I had more indecision and second thoughts about this setup than anything. Just ask @me_ashman lol.

1 Like

Figured I’ll update this one with a little progress.

So I binned the top pack idea above. Was just too heavy and the board lost way too much agility. A change of gearing (dropping from 16 to 15t motor) and running my belts as loose as I can before slip and the 16s5p has actually been holding up really well.

I run 110 motor 60 battery to the rear and 65m 12.5 battery to the fronts at the moment and it feels great. Power on too early it’ll still spin the fronts with that little amps but cornering it sets into a nice controllable 4 wheel drift and slight oversteer bias. Rwd only it’d swap ends way too easy.

T-race times are slowly coming down. Stoked to recently get into 9th. I still have to clean up my toeside but heelside it’s just traction. The meepos just aren’t cutting it anymore so I’m hoping the landsurf v2 will fix that.

Tomiboi hook is stuck in customs but I got got impatient and ordered the MBS bindings. I’m still nervous about crashing with them but I’ll start testing them when they arrive tomorrow.

These cheap shit trucks work, I wish someone would make a precision set in the same dimensions and geometry. Bent axles are balls.

6 Likes

Getting fast man!

2 Likes

Long long way to go to get anywhere near close to you man. You must be super aggressive on the throttle and brakes to pull the times you’re doing.

1 Like

I like to think it’s just raw semendeed power

You’re chipping away mate. That’s all i kept doing. Oh and building faster boards haha. My 4th iteration of a race board got me the times I was after so there’s that too haha.

But chuck that front binding on with some new tyres like you’ve planned and you’ll be faster again!

2 Likes

Siiiick nice like @JeffyJ said you chipping away at it. Nice job on 9th. I do bet the bindings will help a bit.

So, what do y’all do when setting up for t race. Since it’s a single lap do you setup each time?

Cheers man, looking forward to seeing what your board can do. Theyre rolling laps. Super easy to set out the markers and set up the track with the racebox. Once you set your start and finish line it’ll automatically count all your complete laps.

I’m hooked, it definitely hones your racing skills.

I tried pushing it a bit in a lot yesterday. Interestingly I think I’ll be opposite of you where toe side will be easier than heel side. But can’t wait to take a crack.

1 Like

Haha yeah there was some talk about that in the FB group. It seems like a weird southern hemisphere thing. Most of us are quicker heelside.

1 Like

STILL!!?? whats the issue with customs?

A few of us split shipping and the package went over that 1k mark. They got an email asking to declare what’s in it and have been unable to contact anyone about it since. I think it’s been over a month now.

Can anyone give any tips on the placement of these lower limb snappers? For track stuff… Do you spread them out so you can move your foot around a bit? Do you run them high on your foot closer to your ankle? Or lever on them closer to your toes?

Will be the first time Ive tried them, trying to avoid the Swiss cheese deck.

1 Like

I keep mine as wide as i can so i still have a bit of range in my angle.
Roughly where you have them in your photo is about as deep as my foot gets into them

4 Likes

+1 to what Al said about where on the foot. I also decided to run it wider this time around because of how low profile my foot and shoe are.

But previously I tried to follow the template that MBS has, you could also try that as a place to start. Maybe mock it up with some clamps if you have any.

2 Likes

Sweet, I might have to just cruise around on them for a while instead of goin for the send straight up. Still nervous about the extra hazards to my health lol.

2 Likes

Yeah health hazard mind games. On full binding even just front foot, mentally it took a while before I got over it. The half bindings not as much.

Those wheels do look oh so good

1 Like

Thanks dude. Whole setup does feel pretty dialled at the moment I have to say. How did your hubbas go for balance with the v2’s. I found the meepo cyclones ran a little more true on mine.

Hubbas worked great for me it was the pentagrams I had that didn’t work too well