Raijin Blade Build

Finally getting through shakedowns on this one and thought I’d start a build post instead of spamming the pic thread. My first diy was a modded onsra but this was my first build starting with a deck and enclosure.

Deck: 42" Raijin Blade/tomiboi
Battery: 16s5p p42
Motors: Reacher v5 6385 173kv 16-72 gearing
Mounts: Radium
ESC: Maker x d75
Trucks: Flipsky 15.2/b-one tkp
Wheels: Tomiboi
Remote: Puck

This build actually went really well. Only issue really was the single stack enclosure. I used the insertion rubber double stacking my onsra previously but I may still just purchase the proper box from tomiboi.

Oh, I tried a flipsky vx4 initially too. Setup was a pain I believe due to the new vesctool but once I got it working I found it really hard to get a feel for. Super jerky acceleration from neutral and that tiny thumbwheel :-1:so I just pulled the puck from my other board.

I’m relatively new to esk8 so my experience is pretty limited but I dig this truck setup. I’m confident at 60km/h and I can make a U-turn in a single lane so I’m thinking they’re pretty good. I have had my eye on the savage tkp’s but I guess if these work they work.

All ears for any tips or advice to improve it :sunglasses::v:

32 Likes

And now

15 Likes

Looks good dude. What psi you running those at and how do you like the traction? I like the design of how you gripped it the first time, nice (nothing wrong with the new one).

Maybe add some sleeves to protect the wires next time, but not a big deal. And doing it after the fact is a pain and not worth the trouble lol.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve got them sleeved now. Well upto the cable entries anyway. I love the tyres. I run them at about 36psi and grip is a big step up from the usual evolve, hota sunmate etc. Get a lot of life from them too

6 Likes

The white Hubba-hubs also a good call, nice contrast. Are they hard to keep clean?

2 Likes

Thanks and nah no different from the silver meepos.

2 Likes

Awesome build mate.

3 Likes

I love how neatly the wires are organized inside the enclosure! Great job!

3 Likes

Thanks mate, pretty spoilt for space in there so it was a lot easier than my other board.

2 Likes

Came up a treat! Hope to see you racing it now :facepunch:

3 Likes

I gotta say that I also really like the first grip job. That bamboo deck is bangin

3 Likes

Super clean build!

2 Likes

Cheers mate, soon. It’s got some pace about it, just been making sure it’s all 100 percent before I go full noise. This @glyphics pack though, sits prettier each charge :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks mate, I hear ya. The strips were ok, just felt a little wacky underfoot. That d75 though, seems so much happier running at 16s in this board. Motors get hot af and I had to change the temp cuts to 100-115 but I haven’t seen the ESC above 55.

2 Likes

I think it’ll be just that bit better with the double stack instead of the gasket. Such a solid well made deck though man :ok_hand:

Super clean! I love the look of the bare bamboo deck but I definitely understand the need for some grip. I love my Tomiboi deck. This board looks great… well done

4 Likes

Thanks man, haha I’m getting the hint everyone was a little more into the strips/bricks. I think @Mbrady definitely did it better on his redember though.

3 Likes

F everyone else’s opinion other than your own! It’s still damn clean even with the full grip, however there’s something about the wood & metal contrast that’s sexy

2 Likes

Truer words never spoken :ok_hand:

1 Like

I may revisit it and put a bit more thought into the vicious grip sometime. But for now in person especially I think jacks grip just makes it look that touch more finished.

2 Likes