Radium Performance

If it happens will probably be us getting it through radium :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Very interesting read. It’s always great to get some in-depth tech development stories!

Are you willing to expand on the fundamental differences between this and a DKP truck setup? Is the motion further restricted in additional degrees of freedom?

3 Likes

Cheers.

So this setup is actually nothing like a DKP truck but a few people have asked this question. On a double kingpin truck you basically have two trucks stacked on top of each other so that your steering rate is essentially doubled. What we are doing is creating a form of suspension like a motorcycle rear swing arm. It has a hinge so it can only move up and down relative to the ground, and the bushings are working in compression, taking the place of a spring and damper. So because the swing arm can only move in one axis the steering input from the rider is directly transferred through the hinge and into the truck meaning that steering is hardly effected, which keeps it nice and direct and feels like a skateboard instead of a bag of jelly like all the full independent suspension boards I’ve tested

8 Likes

So this is the skate equivalent to peanut butter.

I’m sold! When can I buy one?

For real though, this looks like a really good project, and I’d like to try it at some point.

8 Likes

Hey guys, its come to our attention that living on an island does not greatly benefit those of you buying our stuff from the US. So I’ve been thinking how it would be really great to have a US based distributer of our products. But not sure who to approach about the opportunity. It would have to be an existing business with a website and great customer service. Do you guys think there would be anyone suitable?

12 Likes

Do so in Europe as well, will you?

5 Likes

One step at a time. Barely have enough stock for our own website at the moment :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hard to think of anyone that fits that bill :joy::joy:

I hope to be capable of that in like a year but I’m nowhere near ready for something like that

Ironically as simple as your request is, there aren’t many that have all of those things down pat. I don’t really think skyart is on the table since he’s a 3ds distributor

5 Likes

@Skyart would be perfect, but like @ShutterShock said he’s a 3ds distributor

3 Likes

Not to mention he already sells his own reacher v5 variant.

6 Likes

Lol thanks for the recommend. But yeah I don’t know if i am the ideal candidate for above stated reasons :zap: Great stuff coming from radium tho, and I hope it can be available locally.

7 Likes

I totally forgot about that part haha yes that makes it pretty weird

I might could do it, certainly the shipping and distro is no prob. But that might mean I have to reup my website and shit I just haven’t had the time for…

I’m also an east coaster so CN shipping can be pretty brutal.

3 Likes

Our first ever PCB’s!

We’re developing our own anti-spark switches after blowing up heaps of other ones. Tiny soldering is so satisfying…

22 Likes

0805 isn’t tiny!

:joy: compared to the 10awg wires I’m used to…

But it could definitely be worse

11 Likes

Can safely say ive had soldered all of these sizes and its hell for 0201

1 Like

Rent eboards is a pretty sizable PEV retailer that i know of in the texas area, although they dont do much in terms of DIY/accessories as of yet. Could still be worth a shot though, the staff is incredibly friendly at the houston location that i go to.

2 Likes

That looks to be a great suggestion! Thanks very much I’ll get in contact with them :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’ll shoot you a message on messenger for further details haha

1 Like