Radium 6485 & 6455 Motors

For once I nailed the ETA. Adapter orders are shipping today/tomorrow!

11 Likes

It’s a nice looking motor, stickers are a nice touch too :raised_hands:

Thanks @Tony_Stark

12 Likes

Oh wow, I just realized the bullet connectors for these are the multi-strand banana plug type ones. Would be cool if those got swapped to Amass style ones for future batches, so that they hold in place better and can support more current.

7 Likes

Or just ship without connectors and with longer wires instead

4 Likes

:face_vomiting:

Yup, these beauties should definitely come with the superior bullets.

5 Likes

Bullet connectors are overrated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How much difference is there in the amount of current you can push between the banana type and bullet type connectors?

I can’t say about current differences, but those banana style bullets definitely do not lock into each other as strong as the others.
On top of that it can happen that even if the bullets are fully plugged into each other, that there is a bad connection due to the multi-strands do not press strong enough outwards. That can lead to heating up the bullets, worst case unsoldering the bullet connector or causing strange motor behavior.

4 Likes

Gotcha, i see. Guess i’ll be resoldering connectors then haha.

1 Like

Oooooh - the stickers will 100% be going on my ebike

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Ok I will look into this.

I’ve not had any issues running 165 phase and 80 battery amps per motor into the banana style bullets but if you guys have found the amass ones to be more reliable then happy to change it

10 Likes

Nicely explained.

2 Likes

It’s the first thing I do on any motor or vesc. (I hate MRs and MTs.)

What ESC do you use? o_O

DV6 pro should be able to handle that theoretically, I only run mine at 110 rn but still it’s rated for higher

Idk what else besides little focer

3 Likes

With points of contact/resistance to pulling apart.

(Yes, these are both shitty bullets. Only meant to serve discussion.)

4 Likes

Shitty diy advice: the real trick to making sure your AMASS bullet connectors never come apart is to accidentally get a little solder on the inside of the female bullet when ur soldering it on the wire. You might try to heat it up and get the extra solder out, or even take a dremel to grind it down… but in the end you get frustrated, you say fuck this, and you jam that bitch in there so tight that satan himself couldn’t pull those bullets apart.

Then you realize you forgot to put the heatshrink on the bullet before connecting them and you call it a day - make a cocktail - and say not today bullet connectors… not today…

12 Likes

even shittier advice. Solder your bullets shut

1 Like

even shittier advice, weld that sumnabitch till it becomes a structural component

1 Like

So. Many. Times.

6 Likes