Radium 6485 & 6455 Motors

Is this still in the plans for the next batch? :upside_down_face:

Change of plans now… We’re no longer keen on doing the shaft upgrade we had planned as MOQ is 200 pieces and we don’t expect to sell that many unfortunately

2 Likes

So the batch in stock right now is 45mm or 30mm shaft?

1 Like

And is it in stock because only 2 kv options are available, or is it a pre-order for the next batch?

2 Likes

8mm x 45mm shaft.

Theres only one set left in stock now (151kv).

Will be doing another pre-order soon at discounted price🤘

2 Likes
5 Likes

Pre-orders for batch 5 are now open, discount lasts till first day of 2023🎆

If you’d like 10mm shaft instead of 8 we can do that on request, just shoot us a message.

4 Likes

With new high amp HV controllers like the SKP solo, how would the 173/205kv models handle 140 motor amps? Any insight? Heat obviously is expected, but it is inherently dangerous? (risk of saturation/lockup?)

1 Like

They heat up… At least with a 3.22 Gear Ratio on 20s they lasted 6 miles dumping the throttle on almost perfectly flat ground before overheating, then hill climb section they barely lasted half a mile before thermal throttling

5 Likes

bruh… those poor motors

2 Likes

:tipping_hand_man: 151kv on 20s 150mm wheels and wanted 50ish mph

4 Likes

I guess bring down the motor amps to a level they don’t overheat? You’ll still get to 50mph at 100 motor amps, but not quite as fast.

Also, now I recognize I’m nitpicking the whole point that Evan originally asked this question anyway. Guess we need to move onto 30s

1 Like

I have run 160A on the 205Kv V4 without issue, very briefly

I’m really not sure how you could sustain those currents anyway, as you’d quickly be going fast as fuck and have to throttle back

Maybe pulling top speed up a mountain

1 Like

there ya go. i live in hill town now

1 Like

Well it was a ride with Mario so full throttle as much as possible

Edit: Battery blew up shortly after this ride….

7 Likes

sorry if I sound ignorant, but how significant of a difference is there between these motors and flipsky 6384 170kv? mainly in terms of temperature/performance

my ESC and motors heat up quite a bit on longer, more hilly rides. adding an external heatsink to help the ESC, but wondering what I can do about the motors without losing amperage

@Sk8tedad dude, come on. you’ve been spamming this all over the joint. probably not the the right thread for this.

2 Likes

Just flag the post…

1 Like

Last time people flagged his off topic posts he got pissed and threw a fit.

yes,apolagies, ill try to be better

4 Likes