R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

I have too, learned the truth today.

I took my board out without electronics strapped to it and I’ve never had such a nice ride before. I can’t wait to see how different it feels once it’s electrified/I can hit some high speeds :blush:

2 Likes

What’s the clicking noise when you carve or turn right?

2 Likes

My first shitty ride video while I’m holding the camera because nowhere to put it yet

7 Likes

Paint me interested, but what speed were you going on the path shared with pedestrians while passing them? Seems like +40km/h?

1 Like

sweet

I saw you missed the bridges coming into San Clemente Beach… those are no joke on 'thanes…

GAWD I MISS skating there…

the damn Tour De France bike d00ds go Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster down that path… but WTF… all kinds a peeps out there today…

3 Likes

Yeh the usually empty bike path is crowded with bored people practicing quarantine…

yes.

2 Likes

IDK? Different cultures have different norms and practices, which is why I was interested. I pass pedestrians at pedestrian speed, that’s walking or running speed at most. They, unlike us, can change direction at the drop of a hat, and children are notoriously unpredictable.

4 Likes

the WTF was written (ineptly) regarding all the peeps…

yeah :fu:t4: differnet… you don’t fuck around in So. Cal. and our vehicles… we don’t fuck spiders here… if you’re driving on the speed limit, you’re at least 10mph too slow…

3 Likes

That particular trail is quite frequent to high speed bike traffic. Technically pedestrians are suppose to take a sidewalk up another street but who does… That section is sometimes part of my work commute so I’m quite comfortable on it. I was holding WOT for some sections which usually puts me to low 40s in FUB units…

3 Likes

pre-quarantine I don’t think I’ve ever cum across more than 10 peeps on that section… you can flat haul ass…

going downwind I let the fast bikes tow me (slip-stream) going upwind I haveta tow them…

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

My motorcycle experience has taught me to think for others, and to not be complacent on routes that I’m comfortable with. I like to watch esk8 ride videos even while working, it’s background music to my ears even when I’m not watching. Mostly calming, yours stressed me the F out on some sections. Ride safe bro.

2 Likes

I don’t even let that lol. My average down that downwind is 42mph and upwind around 36-38mph :joy:

lol. Sorry.

3 Likes

No worries! Watched some @Saturn_Corp ride footage. Not stressed anymore. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I happen to agree with you and make the same adjustments, especially when I come up on kids/strollers, but I’m going to leave it at that so we don’t start playing Safety Ranger with each other’s ride videos.

4 Likes

I hate those guys!!!

3 Likes

Me too, so please don’t paint me with that brush. I was only asking?

4 Likes

5 Likes

that’s neither here nor there however perhaps you hit on it earlier… cultural… I’ve personally esk8d most of the same area especially the bike path… 9 times out of 10 it’s pretty vacant… and ya know those self-entitled fukks walking in a bike path… WTF… but that path is no where near as sketchy as 'pengy’s video showed… It’s like a full normal traffic car lane, divided in half… it’s over 3 meters wide…

the motorcycle reference, I’ve been racing bikes since I was 9 and I’m still alive… believe me I know eggzakery what you mean…
and you’ve been around enuff on this board, does Pengy seem like a flake? like a father raper and a mother stabber whose only mission in life is to run over a kid?

Trust me @BluPenguin was well in control…

3 Likes

Not at all, seems like a solid guy overall. I’m not even banging on him. If the pedestrians shouldn’t be there in the first place, that’s on them.

Passing in between the walking adults and the little girl on the pink bike sketched me out the most, granted that was probably more like 20km/h. If anything happened there though, I’d put it as much on the parents than anyone else.

2 Likes

I usually throttle down and get ready to brake when I see unattended kids on the trail. I can drop speed quite fast with 4wd. I’ve been riding that trail multiple times a week for over a year now and I’ve only collided with 1 person, some random drunk dude on a beach cruiser swerving all over the trail. He saw me, then turned right in front of me and I shoulder checked him.

4 Likes