R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

Google Photos

Trying to get this open for others to upload too. (I think I’m successful?)

Share your world. Let’s collect photos, spheres, and videos from R.E.D. Initiative around the world.

5 Likes

Just done this with my 10S1P 15Ah LiFePO4 pack.

6 Likes

It’s been raining here for what seems like a week!

4 Likes

Damn socal rain man, killing our esk8 vibe.

7 Likes

Suck it Californians.

8 Likes

I’ve been puddle dodging and jumping the last week… SUX… Saturday I shall resume RED…

3 Likes

@DerelictRobot on the left preying as always, @BenjaminF in the middle, and Liam on the right. Liam’s going to loan me some money…

8 Likes

No skating like an Egyptian? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :rofl:

8 Likes

One of the runs from my Voltage spike tests this afternoon. And yes I started off shore and hit 82 mph on my board, how dare you suggest that I had weak gps signal under the mango tree where I started

6 Likes

Ah nice. The legendary off-shore hang-glide run-up. If that doesnt overvolt some neoboxes, I dont know what will :joy:

6 Likes

I feel like I should’ve been forewarned by all’y’all that my first longish ride might be accompanied by stiff gluteus maximus and calf muscle on my back leg. Looking at you OP @DerelictRobot. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

This is why I can never have a flat deck in my arsenal, other than a short-ride option like the Exway. My rear foot needs to be at an angle or my calf starts whining like a bitch.

3 Likes

I mean it’s not the end of the world, just have to warm it up a bit, but fuckin irritating. During the ride though, what I felt all the time was the bottom of my feet. Had to do on-the-fly toe and foot stretches too keep going. Carving deep seemed to help quite a lot.

4 Likes

Nah man, esk8 is basically couch surfing. :kissing_heart:

Just push through the pain. Or pull over and do some stretches every 15 until you start to push your endurance up. I can ride for about 45-60 minutes of hard carving before I my ankles/calves/knees/thighs/core is on fire, but thats after 2 years of near-daily riding & conditioning on these.

6 Likes

Nice.

Yeah, treating this the usual way. Pain is weakness leaving the body.

3 Likes

on pneummies I can easily get in an hour+ before I feel a need to pull over and inhale my meds…

on 'thane I’m like pulling over every 20 -30 mins…

5 Likes

Due to the constant force of acceleration pushing my rear foot into the deck/binding, my stump gets numb and painful pretty quick like only 5 miles into a ride. Usually I’ll just push through it until it get’s annoying enough to do something about. I counteract this by not going full pelt all the time and occasionally coasting and squatting. The latter is shit for staying on the board easily but almost completely removes the force from my stump so I’ll do that when it get’s really bad. Stopping is good but i came here to skate, not loiter.

9 Likes

Nothing wrong with stretching a little during a ride…

Pain don’t hurt

4 Likes

Diamond Head hololo today, nothing remarkable other than the volume of kooks taking advantage of the holiday and little south swell. NeoBoxV6 and Herringbone Gears also kept up nicely.

4 Likes

Went on a family ride. It was a glorious evening in the PNW. My 9 year old daughter is the only one that doesn’t ride. Still working on her…

12 Likes