R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

I’m so happy I can finally participate in this :blush:

Quick morning ride before my online 10am :sleeping:

I’ll be switching my drivetrains soon, id like to be able to get 12 sagless miles out of it at least :thinking:

8 Likes

Brakes are good with those settings?

1 Like

Oh yeah it’s p strong

60a motor max

-60a motor min

30a batt max

-10a batt min

5 Likes

I didn’t charge my battery from yesterday.

Range test 12s6p:

6 Likes

Didn’t get to ride yesterday as it was raining all day, but did today and with my self-built LiFePO4 packs no less! These didn’t work on my Max6 RC ESCs, but works great on my Unity.

6 Likes

@malJohann Why didn’t the lifepo4 packs work with the MAX ESC? :thinking:

Just not to your taste, or did they just not function?

1 Like

Max6 ESCs can draw 160A constant each, under big load they were stuttering in and out of LVC due to voltage sag. Very disconcerting when you’re going at speed and get these micro-stutters and power cuts.

2 Likes

Idk how you high-power guys do it :thinking:

80a batt max (total) is the highest I’ve ever gone :man_shrugging:t2:

but to be fair that was the limitations of the battery… But I wouldn’t want to go higher anyways

5 Likes

My ride today. Everything was going great untill I had a literal blow out

Managed to limp home at like 10 mph
Anyone got spare bergmiesters tubes and tires lol
Will post a link to YouTube video, was testing out my new go pro

10 Likes

I have lots

3 Likes

You alright mate?

3 Likes

I kinda started feeling something weird, so I slowed down to a manageable speed expecting it

5 Likes

Went on a ride today to test my brother’s board. Motor was making a weird ticking noise; when I investigated at home I noticed that I had over-tightened the idler – it wasn’t spinning at all :laughing: Added a washer and now it’s fine :slight_smile:

I also got a cutout while riding up a small hill. Turned out to be an over temperature fault from the motor. Either something went wrong electrically, or a single 6374 really isn’t enough for me :man_shrugging: (Motor didn’t feel that hot, but maybe the inside was, idk) Will have to wait for the Metr to arrive to know for sure.

1 Like

So…

What you’re telling me is, that I should definetly go change my bald ass tires?

7 Likes

@Bobby might be able to help with the tires…

2 Likes

I wish bergs lasted longer in the rear, I see them melt away noticeably after every ride :neutral_face:

9 Likes

Lol yeah dont screw with that

2 Likes

Same, it’s kinda nuts how fast they melt. I would say 300 miles on the one that blew out for me

2 Likes

That’s consistent with what I saw with them.

2 Likes