R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

It’s also because I’ve been told he rides like a crazy man… I mean he races mustangs and is building an 8wd board :joy:

5 Likes

The collective us realises this, but still :exploding_head: to see it in metr stats.

5 Likes

Really, I just don’t like wide open spaces, like this:

An entire bottle of sasperilla fits in there. What if I ran over one and it got stuck?!

(Dogfishhead 120min ipa FTW! Priced as 90min, extra win)

10 Likes

16 miles today.
Got to to out at 9.
It is kind of cold so the town was the most deserted I have seen in these strange times.
Really happy to have the DB Coreflex running again. It was pretty cold out tonight 40f (~5c) but I still had an awesome ride.

10 Likes

How do your deal with wind chill and exposed hands( besides ‘man the F up, Mike’)

Recently skated in Colorado. Don’t worry, I know what petty cold actually is, Did school in Vermont. Do not like cold.

10 Likes

I did this for winter…

Today I just had decent ski gloves under the skate gloves.

4 Likes

Even just a pair of thin nitrile rubber gloves under your regular gloves help a TON, really anything impermeable will help substantially under existing gloves

8 Likes

Yeah damn, he will definitely become a legend :rofl:

2 Likes

Probably. For a few weeks now i’ve had a spare remote in my backpack when i ride. 2 days ago i noticed that i didn’t even carry the Receiver for it with me.

So remember to take the Receiver with you (or the same remote)

4 Likes

Two days ago on my way to the shops I crossed the highway on the main bridge for our town, on the side from which I was crossing there’s no walkway so I had to be amongst the cars.

Got to the other side of the bridge and stopped behind two cars with two more behind me. Pulled off when it went green and crossed the onramp only then noticing the police van in oncoming traffic.

What was a bit of a pucker moment - I was doing around 40km/h with legal speed being 25km/h - turned into a non-event as they just continued on their way without batting an eyelid.

I’m one of two esk8ers in my town, the other guy I’ve seen on an Evolve only goes to the gym and train station at the quiet end of town, so they likely haven’t seen an esk8er before. So that was cool!

6 Likes

i think i’m sick… i’ve gone from riding 160km in 4 days to not riding at all. I currently don’t have the motivation to ride. Maybe because the weather is so nice and hundreds of people are riding the same path blocking me all the time. Plus maybe due to the hordes of police roaming around

8 Likes

Dude just get out.

1 Like

Bro, you gotta get out or I’ll send you my weather rn

4 Likes

You know what? I’d love to have that weather right now. I’m sick and tired of my allergy :slight_smile:

Gimme gimme

1 Like

haha, yeah, my allergies had been killin me too… But all the slopes are still closed, and I generally don’t like to even look at snow unless I’m sliding down it at unreasonable speeds.

2 Likes

It’s hard to post here since I’ve been sticking to one or two less-traveled routes that are still kinda nice. Just feels like it’d be a boring video of road riding.

I’m aching to go back to my usual amazing ride through the park but it’s still packed with people young and old ignoring the social isolation rules. There’s always nighttime but without doing it for a few days already; it’s hard to muster the will to gear up and go out when half awake.

Speaking of boring rides; here’s yesterdays:

7 Likes

I’m about to go on my earliest ride yet. 8:42 AM!

5 Likes

Nice. I’m usually not even awake at that time + i somehow never manage to ride before 2pm. Usually 3 or 4pm…

4 Likes
6 Likes

we do this when riding motorcycles (dirt bikes) in the cold… works great!

5 Likes