Quality Builds that are Contenders

So who here likes to build top of the fucking line?

Or buy top of the line for that matter.

I grow weary of the economic stuff. Has its place for sure! And I understand that!

But I want to see the best DIY has to offer.

Rules: none.

Let’s talk.

And show me what you can do.

We are at a funny junction. Where there are some complete builders (namely, Lacroix, Kaly, Bioboards) that rival almost everything we fuckers can do.

But not quite.

Show me builds that rival these. That excites me.

Good luck doing it without at least SOME of their components (but please post using their bad ass shit)

We are at a crossroads where these top guys rival us as DIY dudes.

Let us show them there is still plenty to learn…

I love these guys. But KNOW the collective has some bad ass shit to offer.

Let’s do this.

Merry Christmas Assholes.

28 Likes

Why hasn’t anyone posted yet?

Scared?

We won’t bite… HARD…

9 Likes

Anything built by @Linny deserves to be in here :ok_hand:

9 Likes

@glyphiks/Surferofdirts soon to be Emtb build :grin:

1 Like

I’ve got nothing of merit to add substantively to this tread except weird ideas, bar-room napkin sketches, and some general fusion models… but I plan on building a 3link speed board similar to @MoeStooge, and I’m trying to wrap my head around a 4wd board with dual Kvs on the front and back…

start off, launch on low Kv, and then have it switch to the higher Kv speed drives… bleeding some of the back EMF from the idling low Kv motors to charge the battery pack…

but so far I got nada

7 Likes

So that means I can’t use a unity, matrix 2 trucks, or 30q cells? Fuck I’m out.

I’m just going to pretend I’m working on a planetary gear drive so I feel cool again.

19 Likes

More noise! :grin:

1 Like

IMO @Duffman and @NoWind doesn’t post enough. They’ve got some really top of the line and versatile stuff going around.

11 Likes

I’m working on something, give me time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Planetary geardrive :+1:
5 Likes

I have asked several people involved with this board for details and pictures/video of this planetary gear drive but so far nobody has delivered anything. One of the sales reps didn’t even know what I was talking about.

Would love to get a look inside that one.

6 Likes

I just found the video and found it interesting

I know this factory making. I see if can finding more for you.

10 Likes

Don’t let it detract from your work Jeff. It is only curiosity that drives my interest.

4 Likes

Is ok. I ask my friend for find more for me.

8 Likes

Thanks @jeffwuneo

lol

2 Likes

Jeff is there any factry making e skate stuff you don’t know some one in?

(Think the don’t list is much smaller than I have a friend working in the xyz factry list)

1 Like

Is not so many factory making electric skateboard. Is easy for finding.

7 Likes

Another company importing products because they failed at trying to make their own, videos on youtube from 2017 from Zillboards saying Zillboards coming in 2018 :thinking: The early protos of Zillboard were lego Trampa builds. Cranky Franky probably sent a lovely letter

2 Likes

Hold my kidneys (for about 4 weeks)

5 Likes