PWM controlled Brake light controller [Open Source]

Sure, it’s the better and more flexible option… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No worries at all! Ive actually refered a few people to your thread on the builders forum cause they were looking for a controller like this :stuck_out_tongue: Great to see you posting updates to this project. I was worried you got too busy for it. There is definitely a need for this and its always great to have more options out there :smiley:

4 Likes

i would be happy with an always on light that gets brighter when i brake

4 Likes

Any updates on this? I’d pay someone to build me one

2 Likes

:smile:

6 Likes

So these are not sold by you in any stage whatsoever? One would need to take the design you have openly shared, source the small parts, assemble… etc?

1 Like
1 Like

So currently no, I currently don’t sell any controllers but I’m planning on doing so in the future once the new revision is working(with a mpu-6050 for more compatibility and external load switching). The current one is pretty easy to solder so you should be able to solder it pretty easily. :smile:

2 Likes

once the new version is available, I’d be happy to assemble a batch stateside

4 Likes

At 8$… I might just have to try. Those pads look pretty small in some places… you need anything special?
Also, if the pcb isn’t sold, I’m assuming you have to have it custom made by one of those online Chinese board producers, right? Research time.
Anyway, thanks for the all the work you have put into this!

1 Like

No problem. :slight_smile: If you can wait for around 1-2 more months I’m going to sell a bunch of the new better and function richer board… just saying. :smile:

Nope not really, Just a steady hand and a good soldering iron. :smile:

Yep. jlcpcb.com

3 Likes

Anythin poppin over here yet?

1 Like

Would love to have a reactive brake light controller module. Is this project still ongoing?

3 Likes

TTL and the freesk8 lightshow modules are ongoing.

There are the acceleration reacting ones for bikes too.

3 Likes

Yes, poor man’s option is something like the xlite100 or Nkomax with built in accelerometer. That’s not a bad solution, I just like everything wired to a single battery pack, utilizing the data already provided by the VESC.

3 Likes

I need to keep researching how complicated it would be to utilize a buck converter + ESP32 / NodeMCU / Arduino. It’d be nice to have a little microcontroller on board for future projects.

2 Likes