Push fit pulley options - a guide

I was actually able to get a 8mm skate bearing with a flang to sit in the haggy abec pulleys pretty good. But it didn’t work on the kegel core pulleys.

Awww man I’m about to try a regular skate bearing and some electrical tape to shim it out enough. Thanks for the idea!

@Brenternet: for the time being we are focused on developing / manufacturing:

• 55T and 49T pressfit pulley for the Bergmeister that works with both TB218 as well as Evolve GT trucks

• 44T pulley for Kegel core wheels for the Kahua trucks

Unfortunately, Taiwan is getting more and more expensive and moulds take time and cost a lot. So right now, modifying existing moulds (to make pulleys fit standard trucks) or create new moulds (for pulleys fitting standard trucks) is not on the to-do list. Perhaps at a later stage.

6 Likes

Ooooo what’s the eta on the new bergmeisters pulleys?

Also I’m sure with what @Skunk said the current pulleys can work fine with some diy magic.

1 Like

@stratoglide: hi Josh ETA for the first batch of the 55T and 49T pulleys is end of this month. I will be updating thingiverse today for those wishing to make the pulleys themselves.

Our first prototype pulley (55T) worked very well for the TB218, however when put on the Evolve GT, there belt alignment was not very good because the motor pulley was too close to the motor mount . So we made some changes and now you will have perfect alignment for both Evolve GT and TB218 setups. This is because on the drive pulley we increased the width of the area that belt is running on.

11 Likes

Nice will these also be compatible with your kahua trucks?

@Janux-esk8 has a ton of pristine mounts

2 Likes

no, they won’t be compatible with the Kahua trucks, only made for TB218 and Evolve GT

as @KaramQ pointed out, @Janux-esk8 has a sexy array of screw-on pulleys that will make the Bergmeisters compatible with most standard trucks.

With pressfit pulleys, the axle length is the most important whereas screw-on pulleys provide much more flexibility in terms of truck compatibility, because there is no inner pulley bearing sitting on the axle.

@moon bug 60t bergs pulley can use a bearing or not also :smiley:

My pulley is just simple and effective, next time I will make them to fit 8,10,12mm axles

3 Likes

Very useful, isn’t there the factor of whether they fit additional bearings and what hanger shape they can fit over as well? Came a cropper on the Dickie one myself.

Very helpful thread!

1 Like

Give us your dick story Alan. Let’s all share our experiences.

Not gonna modify my calibers any time soon, so even if push fit with bearing would be nice :drooling_face:, I can’t use it, but this is a great thread!!

Never modify a caliber! Put it on a shelf and use a SR tkp. Carve off into the sunset :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

With BKB ones you don’t need to modify calibers.

Fo rizzle? How is it kept in place if no bearing, and if bearing, how does it fit without extended axles? Reversed lock nut?

:arrow_up:

3 Likes

In my case I didn’t need to use reversed lock nut.

The main thing that makes it fit is the shared bearing between Pulley and Wheel.
Some have their concerns about this approach, but I haven’t had a problem yet after a few thousand km.

1 Like

i have a set of @EboardSolutions kegel pulleys on my thane board right now. They’re amazing, been using them a month or two now. Very impressed.

4 Likes