Pulley 36T 12mm Abec flywheel style Europe

Hello

Anyone know where to get good pulleys of this size for those wheels?

I have one old from the enertion motor mount kit from 2016 and need another to match… But it seems pretty much impossible to find a decent one.

Needs to fit Caliber ii truck. Preferably metal.

Anyone know a good source or have one to spare? Thanks

so…metal bolt on abec pulley? does anyone still make these except @dickyho ? :joy:

I don’t know. I guess a non bolt on plastic one could work too as long as the size is about the same. I’m just a bit skeptical of plastic pulleys braking 90kg of mass traveling in 40 km/h.

The plastic ones arent even cheap so I’m not sure why they seem ridiculous warranting laughing emojis these days (like for real, update me, I built v1 of the board I’m now rebuilding in 2015/2016).

Spontaneously I don’t understand why plastic for 50 usd would be preferable when you could get a metal part for that price.

u will run out of axle length if u don’t use bolt on pulley and push the motor mount further towards the middle

honestly a set of BN184 hanger and motor mount run u about 130bucks, the extra axle length allow u to run pressfit bearing pulley which is way better than bolt on imo

1 Like

If you go this route I highly recommend getting the BN pulleys as well. They make aligning the belt and keeping it aligned so much easier compared to bolt on pulleys. On his hangers there is just enough axle to fit everything on so no need to mess with spacers either.

I don’t really see why it would be better though. And I’m not really interested in buying an extra set of motor mounts I already have for 130 + shipping across the world + taxes.

Maybe if I would’ve done it all from scratch.

not a problem, but i don’t know any vendor that still make bolt on pulley, ur best bet is probably @dickyho

I might have some laying around i got from @xsynatic a loooong time ago.

Pleaaaase let me know. They need to be 12mm to fit. It’s literally the last part I need to complete the build when I have time to put it all together (fall is in full effect so I’m not really in a hurry…) .

If I were to start all over I might have gone with some other suggestions in the thread but I’ve walked way too far down this line now never expecting a pulley to end up being the problem.

1 Like

did you? :flushed:

Edit: omg yes you did. Man i totally forgot about those!

Ill check in the morning for you.

I can also lathe down some 15mm pulleys i have laying around, so all will be good :+1:

@xsynatic i think some were in the garbage pile i got from ya :rofl:

i think i have pics from what i’ve sent you. Can post them, though not sure if you still have them all?

1 Like

Ues i have it still.

most were 15mm (16mm) some were 9mm

@massy

1 Like

Really need it to match dimensions of the enertion one as you can see :joy::joy:

Hell if I made it fit on one side it’s possible on the other too! :joy:

Guess I could move down to 9mm belts though in the worst case.

There are tons of folks here that have these laying around. If @xsynatic doesn’t have one, someone will. I might, but I’m across the pond.

Yeah I bet so too. Outside Europe could be fine as well it’s a quite small object to ship.

1 Like

Have this one, can lathe down to specified thickness for you for free. Just pay shipping.

Also have one thats 9mm here cannot add more material for ya. If you can measure pulley thickness for me that would be cool!

Nexusboards has metal abec pulleys, but 16 mm wide

That first one is interesting. Here are some measurements from the one I have (just took all I could think of :joy:)

2 Likes