Puck battle hardening / Potentiometer shit / Discussion of pros & cons (serious)

haha I’ll give it a shot when I have this puck in hand again. I’m a few hundred miles away from it right now. I seriously doubt it will be repairable when I get through my dremeling action on it

1 Like

@hoytskate thoughts?

1 Like

Not sure why y’all are assuming that the puck would need a new firmware for a drop-in hall sensor to work. The VX4 doesn’t need new firmware for the 3DS hall sensor to work, does it?

But also, I dont see us developing another new firmware specifically for someone’s 3rd party hall sensor install. We have a very small staff, and we’re extremely busy building boards and doing R&D on our own new products. We are not going to take time away from that to do R&D for someone else’s product.

6 Likes

Haven’t found a remote I like more than v2 wand so far.

Bought into the puck hype and absolutely hated it.

Dual trigger though

1 Like

are new Pucks being sold with the Battle hardened or is that still up to an end user?

Aside from mentioning that this shit is dangerous, there is no mention of the issue or the fix on the website, I was curious as the last one I got new most recently hadn’t despite me knowing it was new stock… was it just new old stock or new new stock?

AFAIK, they don’t “harden” it with epoxy but they lay a better bead of solder than early batches. As well as the shells have been modified from the originals to have better support for the pot.
Not perfect, never will be with the current design, but better than when first released.

8 Likes