Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

i always put 20 for thane and rubber wheels, and 30 for my 6inch tires

1 Like

Browsing Aliexpress helmet and I love the colourway descriptions

4 Likes

im very confused by this statement

3 Likes

I know I know, Iā€™m window shopping for style references. Like turning up at a barber with reference images or something

1 Like

dun scare me like this man
wrapping ur head with bubble wrap probably can save u more than those helmet can

e: i canā€™t spell

1 Like

Bingo. 3DServisas specifies per motor. Esk8news calc takes full board consumption. The inputs are different.

I compared the numbers once and i remember it working out. Youā€™ve got to halve the usual consumption value for a dual motor in 3DS calc.

3 Likes

this is super informative, there should really be a banner or tooltip on the ESN calc letting users know thatā€™s how it works, otherwise people like me will assume they work the same yet get wildly different results between the calcs

Or, you knowā€¦ just use a better calculator.

2 Likes

what would you recommend?

the best calculator? of course its the TI84 plus

1 Like

well I have one of those but not a sheet of all the relevant formulasā€¦

though I might make one for myself, it would be useful.

The only one worth using

Https://calc.3dservisas.eu

1 Like

12S6P P42A would be around 1088 Wh total and 871 Wh usable capacity (80%).

So thatā€™s 48 km of range at 18 Wh/km.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a number i like! I could get a cell that has more capacity as well. With my mtb i usually only pull 40-55A max. On rare occasions i did 80A but only burst while going uphills max speed.

1 Like

The question is how i will be riding once i eventually upgrade to gears and have a new battery. Iā€™m currently not pushing my board hard because i rather prefer range, donā€™t have many spots to pull a lot of amps anyway, my battery is old and the fear of breaking belts.

1 Like

Iā€™d really like to learn how gear drive impacts efficiency, and how all of the other drivetrains stack up too (assuming same gear ratios or 1:1 for dd/hubs)

Plenty of logs scattered around the forums that will give you a good ideaā€¦ or just buy all the drives and try them :rofl:

2 Likes

I already have a good idea of things in relation, for me the real gem is finding out how and why

Who the hell is using consumption per motor? Even telemetry wise, I canā€™t think of any systems that track it on a per motor basis vs just as a whole board.

4 Likes

So which way do folks prefer?

• per motor
  • whole board

0 voters