Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

@Ac53n bruh you keep laying down these absolute fire FDM printed parts.

I think it’s time for a build thread?!?!

2 Likes

Lol, maybe. The current build is pretty jank, mostly just a prototype to test my custom variable geometry trucks.

I’m saving up to build a second board that doesnt need a huge topmount battery (going lipos) and will hopefully be a lot lighter right now, but i dont start at my job until january so its slow going haha. Funding the machining of the trucks kinda bankrupted me :joy:

6 Likes

When Hoyt and metroboard merged, it took on the name of metroboard inc.

1 Like

Why are a bunch of the posts in that thread flagged? Sure, it’s not 100% on topic, but it’s like 90% on topic :sweat_smile: It’s useful safety info.

4 Likes

Conspiracy

Someone should start a Puck Pot Fix thread. Its a shame those posts are about to be lost, they hold value IMO

3 Likes

Multiple of that thread already exist. Go bump them.

The firmware thread is specifically about software not hardware.

My point is the posts should have been moved to a suitable thread. It seems disingenuous to have flagged them.

3 Likes

Then tag @xsynatic idk lol

I wasn’t who flagged them, but they are off topic.

This is what should have been done in the first place. Flagging them will just end up with them being deleted because the mods only attend the forum once a month.

3 Likes

Serious power currency, weeping for you degenerates rn

2 Likes

you can edit your flagged post and get it reinstated again. If it then gets flagged again it’ll be hidden until a mod clears the flag.

What do you think should happen to mutts that mess with your boards vesc settings or board in general during a ride?

Ive had this happen and its not fun and ended up costing me money to fix.

Personally, I think that anyone who messes with another riders board should forfeit their board as punishment or at the very least pay to fix any damage caused.
Board forfeit, especially if its a so called “ambassador” who does the dodgy as they have to be held to a much higher standard.

1 Like

Think you’d have a hard time proving it.

It’s a cunt act for sure. Could be really dangerous too.

Sounds like there’s some pretty bad blood between you and some of the other local riders, not sure why you’d wanna ride with cunts who are gonna do that type of shit anyway.

2 Likes

Unfortunately thats true for the most part.
I would like to see a bluetooth module that is password protected, if someone tries to log onto my board, at least I’ll know and have physical evidence of an attempt. I dont use a bluetooth anymore after it happened and there are only three people I trust to work on my board or advice of programming when I’m stumped for knowledge.
Otherwise, i simply dont have a bluetooth module in my board as you never know.

Im far from afraid to point out the wrong within something in the hope to inspire a positive change. Some people call it a flaw, I call it a trait from growing up in a military/goverment family.
My mates describe it as, an asshole with a good heart.

Two rides with the local group I had fun on. The rest I felt unsafe and uncomfortable with the amount of hostility, drug use and infighting. Not a good vibe at all. I was done with the local group last year after their “leader” owed me a debt for stolen esk8 parts which his wife paid only after police got involved. Yet he went and bought a DiY board from a guy in Brisbane whilst both knew he owed me money and had stolen from me.

The first Brisbane ride I went on, thats when I had my boards vesc settings messed with, I know exactly who did it as he bragged about it afterwards. I managed to fix it before continuing on and kept a close eye on my settings just incase he or his mate did it again. It was an ok ride if not for that. Fun route, not impressed with the conduct of those two. Yeah, it left me really fired up at them the entire time and I could have handled myself better.
I know some of the shitheads of the local scene stalk me on here and its safe to assume, share screenshots of my posts amongst themselves, making up lies and crap to justify protecting the bad side of the local esk8 scene.

If I see any of them when im riding I dont engage, I go about my own thing and cruise. I can’t be bothered with their continued bullshit.

In between uni terms, I tend to go out and find particular routes. The rides I mostly do now can be highly dangerous but incredibly rewarding. Occasionally I do cruise the coastline but I yearn for different sights. I find the most enjoyment exploring and the amount of awesome people ive met, even cool cops that I’ve interacted with during some of my rides have made things even more enjoyable.

FFS mate give us all a break from the incessant victim rants. You are literally the only one I’ve ever heard of having so many issues with the local scene.

1 Like

Its not a build thread, but heres what im working on now lol. Building up some trucks for a new, sleeker build.

IDEA SR 180 hangers with dual mounting (pitched the idea to allow for selectable rake/ride height)

Modified SR bushing seat (bored to M8, instead of M6)

SR baseplates (also have razillian’s SR geometry DKP baseplate and midplate which i might try out if i want to prioritize cruising more than going insanely fast)

IDEA deck (i think its an original Flex 1.5 or Flex 1, bought it ages ago, ive got two of these and theyre great)

IDEA Type 4 40mm drop brackets (i might replace it with a billet 7075 aluminum 50 or 55mm drop bracket, my main board has a 4140 steel set with 75mm of drop which is insane)

Titanium hardware all around, bushing cups, kingpin bolt, kingpin nuts, wheel nuts, truck mounting hardware etc

Fasteddy 10x22x7 bearings (after i blew up a generic 10x22x6 on my main board, these seem to hold up a lot better)

Its going to be running a 12S lipo setup in an eboosted SS enclosure with a D100S (so i can go up to 21S in the future), some interesting new motors i wont mention yet and belt drives with radium thane belts.

Also as a teaser, something else i’m working on for the new build :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You have a severely warped memory of things and it’s leading to you constantly causing the drama you’re accusing others of causing within the Brisbane and Gold Coast esk8 scenes that you have been banned from.

Your board was indeed messed with back then, you with absolutely no knowledge of vesctool set it up…and when you asked the ride organisers you’re accusing of wrongdoing for help checking it you were told they were way off what would be considered safe but refused help to fix it then and there and continued to risk faults like what you experienced on the first part of the ride. You took a story/joke about another rider completely irrelevant to this day and made it about you for the sap story that you’re telling here.

No one had any knowledge of you being stolen from because you weren’t. Several people have said you gave the GC riders organiser some old evolve hardware when you were done with them and the next level constant shit talking that has ultimately gotten you banned from Brisbane group rides started alongside assaulting several people (just having had a lockup yourself idk why your first instinct was to aggressively shit talk evolve to the several evolve riders present including children when they really don’t care about esk8 beyond simple enjoyment carving with mates and family and haven’t had issues themselves or given you any grief for yours.) Later on you changed your story when you were in need of money to cover some costs of your board so you created drama with him who had no wrongdoing at any point, and was even very accomodating towards you driving you to and from rides at one point until you yourself turned sour and started causing problems with those around you.

As for drug use, I think you’ll find a big chunk of the community including people in these forums aren’t going to consider casually vaping weed hard drug use…

I’ve held my tongue and even attempted to include you in events again since so as to not just write you off altogether but dude you’re spewing lies about people in our local community and I’m not going to tolerate bad mouthing of some of our most helpful and respectful members just because you’re causing issues for yourself and adjusting your stories the way you feel makes you look better. Get off your high horse and own up to your wrongdoings and you might actually have people that would be willing to skate with you again, because you coming in here to bad mouth everybody is making you look like the shithead.

4 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:
I’m calling the feds so they confiscate the contraband and dispose of it (to me, thanks)

2 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I went on a ride where this wasn’t involved lol

3 Likes

It’s basically the natural scent of the Gold Coast lol

1 Like