Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

yup. I still love the gt2b. Stooge uses them as well.

Here’s the housing

Here’s the tutorial

2 Likes

TADs EDC, the one i attached tripod too does have additional belt attachment. I havnt used it because i havnt had the need to carry crazy weight. The default compression straps would give me enough control(raise/lower pack height) And It does have molle webbing all around. …Also opens clamshell.

I was thinking of turning flat the ends of the sk8 motors (to get rid if he ugly star thing) and bore holes in the back to support the fan blowing air through.

1 Like

On my sk3 I have the fans on them & they work great

1 Like

@bearlyrecognized :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

Cheers Mike.

2 Likes

Wow great work. Thank you so much for all of the reasources!

1 Like

Why is nobody talking about the BKB Voyager remote? I just used it in my diy and it’s a absolutely perfect. Comfortable, fits with wrist guards and the joystick is actually so fun. No problems with reliability so far

2 Likes

Possibly because it looks like a butt plug :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Because Z.mote exists :crazy_face:

That is totally overcharging, it should be about $40-50

2 Likes

IKR! But I literally can’t figure out where to find the normal rates on their websites. I’ve found some third party ones that have more reasonable rates, but I also don’t know if there’s anything I need to worry about customs fees and the like. International logistics is totally new to me.

Dude, I love mine! It gets shit on a lot around here, but it’s comfortable and never given me a single issue personally. Even during 200+ ppl rides in Seattle…

2 Likes

Bkb voyager is a very comfy remote but I only trust the hoyt puck for a rock solid connection 100% of the time.

3 Likes

What is the PCB layout like? Maybe a shell could be designed for it that limits the throttle axis.

The joystick just seems to be a bad choice for throttle control.

If you’re referring to the side to side movement it’s already “restricted” on the Voyager, the joystick only moves forward and back, there’s no lateral movement.

1 Like

It’s an extra piece?

I think for many this picture does not inspire confidence:

2 Likes

I agree with this 100%.

But I also like having options and different ways to do things. Seems to me that its mere presence isn’t horrible. Just as I don’t use thumbwheels, we can simply choose to not use this style of control.

1 Like

Maybe it comes pre installed or that’s an updated version because I haven’t done anything to mine since getting it out of the box and there’s a little bit of lateral play but it’s clearly a 1 axis control setup, I’m really not sure what they’re talking about there.
Mine for example:

Yeah, early versions of the remote came without the axis limiter. Now they ship it with just the forward/back motion by default. Cool to have options though.

2 Likes

This is cool.

This is fine.