Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

newton meters are Nm

n means nano, N means newtons, m means meters, and M sometimes means mass.

1 Like

Just remember u will need loop key if you donā€™t have it rn

1 Like

I couldnā€™t find the info on max torque for these motorsā€¦ have you got a link?

They come with a power button like the the d series. Why the loop key?

Only the brand new one does

Derail, but in my opinion, all boards should have a loop key.

3 Likes

People should wear shoesā€¦

2 Likes

Only a prisoner of society would believe this

3 Likes

I just have sensitive feetā€¦

Says that for the DV6P it has a power button and roll to start.

If you buy the new one yeah

1 Like

I have a solution for you

2 Likes

Hard disagree.

Forget to unplug my loopkey after riding and I ruin an $800 battery.

Forget to turn off my stormcore - no worries it does that in 30 minutes automatically.

4 Likes

Until for some reasonā€¦ it doesnā€™t.

3 Likes

I have boards with both, but an anti-spark switch with auto turn off is so much better than loopkey.

A stormcore will automatically turn your board off >99% of the time in the scenario that you forget to turn the board off.

A loopkey will ensure that thereā€™s a good chance your battery ruined, in the scenario that you forget to turn your board off.

Batteries are usually the most expensive part of an esk8 and we should make it as difficult as possible to accidentally kill them.

Havenā€™t you had customers with dead batteries because of loopkeys? I know it has happened to folks on the forum.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve replaced far more batteries that have died due to mysterious circumstances/parasitic drain than I have because of loop keys being left in.

I absolutely agree. And most customers donā€™t have the ability/motivation to open up a board and manually disconnect an esc/antispark should it fail or if the board needs to be stored or shipped.

Loop key makes a hard disconnect super easy.

Iā€™m not against using escs with a switch, but you can be damn sure I donā€™t trust them as much as I trust an actual circuit breaker.

4 Likes

You can still put a loopkey on the board and do EVERYTHING you said you prefer.

Except, you also have even more options.

You can still leave the loopkey in, and rely on the ESC autoshutdown, just like you said you prefer.

1 Like

It sounds like what you actually donā€™t like are bypassed BMSs.

1 Like

Fair enough. I know my forgetfullness would eventually kill batteries if I only used loopkeys. The only reason I remember to turn off my board is because I have a davega yelling at me that itā€™s still on

3 Likes