Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Sometimes you’re lucky and find a perfectly fine lead acid battery in the woods laying on the ground. No idea why someone would throw this away but one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

Any cool ideas what I can do with this?

1 Like

Lick it

2 Likes

Tastes like plastic

Keep licking till its spicy

Back up charger for devices while on rides? Would be a bit heavy but no more dead motes or phones or lights… or anything but board.

I’m using my board as an emergency bowerbank, no need. :smiley:

1 Like

Fair enough, i usually run like 3 or 4p max so i personally dont like using my board battery, but if you got it might as well.

Throw it at douchey cyclists

1 Like

Obviously you should use it to "Power your life LONG ", just as intended by the manufacturer.

1 Like

Dump the internals in the waste and use it as a Li-Ion enclosure.

Or use it as a spot welder battery.

1 Like

Charge it up, install an annoy-a-tron on the top, and hide it in the ceiling of someone who stole something from you.

1 Like

Cool recommendations, thank you people. I’ll just do all of the above, starting with slow cyclists. I mean anybody who rides a bike is an asshole by default anyway, so it’s not like I’m hitting anybody who didn’t deserve it.

I need more information on this one though, is this archieved by oral ingestion, or other means?

1 Like

Lol this is the last thing I read before walking In to get my motorcycle license lmao

1 Like

@xsynatic @ShutterShock @Venom121212

Didn’t want to derail the z.mote thread so moving my response here.

@Venom121212 I know you’re rocking the split trigger maytech. What would you like to see improved if someone made a new split trigger?

2 Likes
  1. Signal reliability
  2. better instructions for the telemetry and auxiliary switch. The maytech instructions are an absolute joke
  3. built in mounting point/rail for a flashlight
  4. small mirror would be bonus cool to see traffic behind you without turning around or using a helmet mirror

The maytech one has survived way too many spills and shows nearly no wear. It’s a beast of a unit and would be a 9/10 if signal reliability was 100%

5 Likes

I didn’t know signal reliability was an issue. That’s brutal. Is it more an issue in busy cities, or is it kind of an everywhere issue?

It just disconnects. Ryan has it disconnecting In SD

Busy cities but only specific areas.

It has been 100% reliable for me where I live and ride normally. Like no joke, perfect for me. Zero weirdness. Ever. Going on 5 years between 2 remotes.

But theres 2 spots downtown I can go to and watch the remote signal wig out. One is a street of back to back bars with lots of tvs on the patios. The other is right next to a fountain that’s dipped down and surrounded in stone buildings.

This is a clip I recorded on Halloween at the fountain spot. What’s even worse is that maytech programmed it so that if you lose signal, it just keeps sending the last seen signal! So it one time sent me zooming towards cross traffic while braking. I was mid emergency sliding it out when the brakes picked back up.

So yeah… Signal reliability

4 Likes

This is like the dumbest thing ever

5 Likes

Portal gun?

2 Likes