Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Yessir! Eboosted is releasing a 12s4p Vanguard enclosure. Planning to reconfigure my existing 4p in my Evo to go on the Vanguard.

3 Likes

Excellentā€¦ sounds just like what Iā€™d like to build for him. Looking forward to seeing the build (if you post progress shots)

1 Like

so my work offers a ā€œwellnessā€ benefit that reimburses us for gym memberships, fitness equipment, stuff like that

guess who just got their brand new loaded vanguard deck expensed :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Hell yes. Iā€™m done with rounding out the free hex keys that come with hardware .

5 Likes

Wera makes the good shit.

2 Likes

i need some of these, link?

You want a Canadian Amazon link or a Canadian Tire link?

Wera makes the best stuff at 4mm and belowā€¦ If I recall correctly, the Bondhus are slightly better at 5mm and above, according to one experiment.

The small ones strip more often anyway, so they are more important

1 Like

5mm is like the largest I use. Sometimes a 6mm at work and rarely the 8mm. I think Iā€™ve used a 10mm once ever.

Protip: if you ever break one, you can find individual replacements on Amazon.

Or if you need the oddball one FUB size for your skate tool, they have that in single as well.

But I color the plastic with a black marker on both ends so I can tell it apart from the metric purple one.

1 Like

Amazon.ca isnā€™t as fully featured, Iā€™d have to pay import. Imma just treasure these.

1 Like

Project farm?

Probably, I canā€™t remember or Iā€™d have linked it.

1 Like

Next level to unlock - switch all your hardware to torx :grinning:

1 Like

This, fuck hex in general. Such a bad socket.

1 Like

I plan to but only once I can splurge on high carbon steel screws

@Linesflag Is Philip your best friend?

Is my middle name. The only screw i hate more than philips head is flat head :expressionless:

2 Likes

Now what about those goofy square head screws you use down there? They really suck.

1 Like

Haha square drives are ok if you donā€™t have to torque them too hard

1 Like

wait until u hear about oval drive head

3 Likes