Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

No idea, they just like posted on Insta about rebranding too. Verry weird

Happy 420 everybody!

2 Likes

Happy anniversary to me too :confetti_ball:

10 Likes

Has anyone made a homemade verion, if so please share a pic, just wanted to get some ideas.

3 Likes

Get a halfway decent circular saw. Build a track conversion table. Profiiiit

Make it track saw, etc with diy jigs.

6 Likes

Oooh that’s neat! I use the kreg circular saw attachment and highly recommend it as well.

3 Likes

im actually trying to outfit my grinder so i can make strait cuts in steel, i cant get anything strait by hand no matter how hard i try.

Right tool for the right job and all that, that said -

If i were determined to use an angle grinder for circular saw type tasks, I’d affix the grinder to a table super securely like a table saw, then build a fence / guide to make sure my boards/metal had something to shoulder against while I ran it across the exposed blade.

I realllly don’t think you want a spinning angle grinder on a hinge.

2 Likes

fair statement im deff not trying to get messed up in the process, its not big pcs of metal, just trying to make some axle and bearing spacers, i think a circ saw fitted with a metal cutting blade would be too big for this.

Sounds like a dremel or even a hacksaw would work better, unless you have access to a band saw

1 Like

I bet this pipe cutter could do the job and you could file the rough edge.

3 Likes

I agree, and I’ve them both and i cant get a good flat cut there is always an angle to them. may ill make a jig to hold my hack saw in a strait vs the grinder idea. thanks for the replies!

well hell i never thought about a pipe cutter, im sure that would make quick work of it and strait. good thinking sir!!!

3 Likes

You get half the credit. I have no idea why I never thought of doing that before :thinking::bulb:

$17 bucks and there’s an Ace down the street

3 Likes

Miter will help significantly with that. Also cutting oil on the hacksaw. Pipe cutters tend to pinch and mess with dimensions too much for my liking.

1 Like

i just got a bunch of long 12mm & 8mm ID tubes because changing parts requires diff lengths spacers (at least for me) easy to make my own than hunt for that perfect size.

im literally 7 mins from the ace, only place that has a ton of metric bolt selection in my area (F-lowes)

1 Like

Alternatively, pickup a disc sander (Amazon.com : Power Combination Disc & Belt Sanders) and finish the edge to a perfect 90 deg every time

1 Like

i do have access to one of those at work. i would like have one for many reasons they are nice.

@frankthedragon Kevin go to know, ive never used a pipe cutter before.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, they’re still useful on soft metal pipes and plastic, it’s just you have to flare out the end at the very end to get it cylindrical again, and cheap ones are pretty bad. I had one that was misaligned and would just etch a spiral down the entire tube rather than cut anything.

3 Likes

Cheap pipe cutters make bolts.

3 Likes