Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Why the fuck is he posting it on YouTube shorts

1 Like

35mph plus only ,cool guys only.

slowflakes is about the lamest thing I’ve ever heard

2 Likes

You know its going to be received well when you manually disable the comments :sweat_smile: oof

I ride in kph anyways :rofl: freedumb units

2 Likes

Scream Reaction Sticker for iOS & Android | GIPHY

2 Likes

Looool what a flog

1 Like

@Dinnye

I’ll bring this over here for general consumption.

I see what you mean about the lock ring, rough positioning meant the hub and spacer didnt sit flush so didnt work as such, a little sanding got it to seat but not so sure about it… im sure itll be fine… Will still fit and give them a run and also keen to see how ya 20mm spacer will be, i stacked mine up to make a 20 and had a genuine laugh

1 Like

@alankerr I was wondering if you happen to have a CST turf tire on hand, could you give me a quick measurement on how wide the bead is from the outside bead to the inside bead? I’m wondering if I can go with 42.7mm mbs fivestars, which are made to fit 9" tires. Thinking there may be some squish involved, but if it’s too much squish I won’t try it.

Sorry, haven’t been on.

1 Like

Thanks Alan - appreciate the measurements. It does look like probably around 8mm of squish required to get them on MBS fivestars. Not sure if that is ideal or not. I will probably go with the phatlads to play it safe

2 Likes

I just got the 20mm version printed out, it fits the 9x3.5 tyres reasonably well. Maybe a hair wider than ideal, but barely, and I have a set of slightly wider slicks on the way so I think the fit is going to be perfect for those.

1 Like

Farking chonky!!!

LMK if you end up refining or goes ok, i may have to head down that road ultimately, can you scale that vertically so you can do any height?

1 Like

The latest version that I just finished printing a few minutes ago actually fits 100% perfect, but you will probably have to compensate for the shrinking of the filament in the slicer, so it might take 2-3 prints to have the exact numbers to compensate for the shrinkage. I will make the file public but I want to have the full set printed and tested first.

I should be able to do any height over 5mm

Local lad, not sure if he was a group memeber anywhrre locally. Very sad to see and another good reason to slow down near any other path users.

:disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/asus-rog-strix-g16-i7-16gb-1tb-ssd-8gb-rtx4060-gaming-laptop-asrgs4071w

I just bought this. I think i did good but i’m super noob when it comes to computer hardware. The things i read said this one is a good choice for using fusion, hoping its that good and a bit more.

Now i gotta try sell my desktop to recoup some pennies

1 Like

Wow stuff in Australia is so expensive goddamn

1 Like

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that you did good with the options that are currently available. I’ve got a very similar model (Asus zephyrus m16) and I’m generally very happy with it. It’s very powerful and capable for gaming, eCAD, CAD, etc.

The 13th gen intel chips are very powerful, but the bad news is that they are extremely energy inefficient. That means a shitload of heat, and abysmal battery life. It can not realistically use my machine off the charger. AMD chips blows Intel out of the water in power:efficiency ratio, but it seems like it’s nearly impossible to find a flagship laptop with an AMD chip these days for some reason.

The worse news is that if you were able to wait a few more months, Intel is actually releasing a new generation of chips that dramatically improve that power:efficiency ratio, and which are actually competitive with AMD and Apple silicone for the first time in many years.

So all that to say, if you don’t mind the laptop living on that charger, and you don’t mind an unfortunate amount of heat and fan noise, then that machine is likely going to be great for you (though i still would have advised you to get the model with a 16:10 screen :kissing_heart:).

4 Likes

I remember being told to wait a bit for Intel 12th Gen as the battery life was significantly better than 11th. My battery life is shit, I can’t imagine how bad it was on 11th.

I’m really hoping Microsoft gets their shit together and cobbles together a decent Windows on arm version that isn’t miserable to use.

1 Like

5 Likes

I’m getting more and more used to Linux now. Wouldn’t be the end of the world if I had to go that way for my laptop

The one i got is the 1tb option and the price works out at about 1490usd… so a little more expensive but not crazy. But it is true some stuff is heaps more expensive here… like liion cells :sweat_smile:

:exploding_head: i thought they were all 16:10 :thinking:

Thanks for the input! Inefficiency is kinda lame but i don’t really care for waiting🤣

2 Likes