Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

I think we need to go with boring pod cars,they would link up in a train when on major freeways, to reduce accidents and increase density. Then you drive it on the smaller streets. We don’t own them per se,more as needed. I don’t have the answers, but I have been widening freeways for almost 3 decades, in the Sf Bay Area we are at max width( we took all the center space and all the easements on the EP (edge of pavement opposite center divider.

Now we are us styrofoam underneath the freeway for a number of reasons weight is a big one. I built chase stadium,there is so much styrofoam in there, say a city block 20 feet high is about right. When I have to demo that stadium,what do we do with all that crap?

I also demoed candlestick park, werecyled 92%of it. Lots has to change

2 Likes

The acetone industry will have a field day

So it’s high density, but we were wondering about spilling gas on it
Edit I’m struggling with words more after the last concussion

This is caused by each individual decision to move somewhere in the suburbs. It’s not this way because the system set it up this way. It’s because of every person who shops for an abode and wants to be on a cul-de-sac and have a yard and garage and a horrible monopoly internet provider. Each individual decision all together create demand for that sort of housing, driving up the prices, and the demand causes more to be built.

It’s also got a lot to do with NIMBYs vetoing new dense construction around them, because it will rub their ego the wrong way.

1 Like

Forgive me for I have sinned. FB Esk8freedom provided this gem.

“I cant believe nobody has the testicles to test these”

Hes looking for some mtb riders if anyones keen

Buckle up

@Shadowfax Dude, I just had to write you a note. After you deciding on going with the 8” mudpluggers, I decided to try my TRAMPA 9” mudpluggers on Gerry again (it had been a while) and I have been missing out. No more Alan Kerr tires. Go 9” mudpluggers. :rofl:
She looking sweet all dirty.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

I decided to go lightweight with the wheels+tires on my build to try to keep it jumpable. I picked up the apex 8" shit slinger tires, and I’m going to run them on the tomiboi hubba hubs.

1 Like

That’ll work :raised_hands:t2:

For sand accept no substitute…well MBS T2 9” works too. There is still a lot of sand hard to keep traction on so have these on the way - wider. May even improve wh usage…we will see

3 Likes

Cleanest my bench has ever been… waiting on parts

7 Likes

SoooooOOOoo I’ve been away for awhile. Will there be an iron foot this year? I’ve got a score to settle

1 Like

I’m down. I hate my legs being able to walk.

1 Like

2023 is the year of the drag race

lemme see them drag race! - The Green Room - esk8.news: DIY Electric Skateboard Forums

4 Likes

You’ll have a hard time beating @PedroMcJimenez

2 Likes

Jaykup was too busy to host it this year unfortunately. We’ll have to make it happen next year one way or another.
I, and I’m sure others, were there in spirit though!
I had 4 rides between 145-200km, was a damn hoot.
Lots of things have to go right on the long days to not need a ride of shame, though most things planning prevents. That point really hits ya when you’re 90km from home :rofl:
Case in point, I snapped a rear kingpin 14 mi into the next ride after my 200km day. Shit could have been tragic had it happened on some of the routes and speed that were had on the previous ride.
Ride fast and far fren :metal:

2 Likes

Yeah, I copped heat cutouts cause of the Perth summer but didn’t get time to fix things before the comp finished. Next time I’m hoping to crack the 400km in a day.

@Ac53n bruh you keep laying down these absolute fire FDM printed parts.

I think it’s time for a build thread?!?!

2 Likes

Lol, maybe. The current build is pretty jank, mostly just a prototype to test my custom variable geometry trucks.

I’m saving up to build a second board that doesnt need a huge topmount battery (going lipos) and will hopefully be a lot lighter right now, but i dont start at my job until january so its slow going haha. Funding the machining of the trucks kinda bankrupted me :joy:

6 Likes

When Hoyt and metroboard merged, it took on the name of metroboard inc.

1 Like