Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Well this is good to know. That’s dangerous.

1 Like

Super, I’ve seen it hurt people

3 Likes

yup.

1 Like

I tried to limit negative erpm to 5k and I got that jittering you mentioned. It was an awful ca-chunk, ca-chunk, ca-chunk on spin up. I thought my gears were binding. It was baaaad.

I’ll try 20k next and see how it works.

2 Likes

My experience was a little less violent, but I was only on 15s :joy: I hope the higher eRPM limit smooths things out for you

2 Likes

@hummieee nobody had a problem with old mate investigating his pack to see if there was something wrong with it. We encourage people around here to understand these types of things so that they know better for next time.

I’ll spell it out for you again, because you seem to have a hard time understanding.

The pack was bulk charged before any real investigation took place. For all we know, he could have had cells at 0v that have now been restored to a much better looking number.

While he may be able to discharge the battery and inspect again looking for anomalies, this is heading into pretty dangerous territory for anybody who isn’t willing to literally play with fire.

Therefore, around these parts, we encourage people to pronounce the pack dead after an event like this. Best practices would state that if there is a possibility the pack is dangerous, the pack is dangerous.

Nobody here is advocating for people to play dumb, just safe.

Edit: to make it even clearer, and just in case you weren’t aware and so you might take an opportunity to learn from this, most lithium ion cells are only considered safe between 2.5v - 4.2v.

Any cell that goes above or below these values has the potential to be permanently damaged. As there is no definitive way to prove that cells like this have not been damaged, we must assume that they are if we are following best practices.

10 Likes

You can’t say this mate. You don’t know what voltage the cells were at before this happened. Just stop.

1 Like

Wow. Besides that bull charging won’t hide the damage, which doesn’t seem to get through to u… talking about u personally: my stating he should check the voltage was also said by others above me but u said stfu and erase everything I write. And you’re still at it. Says a lot about u and how u work here as an admin

Think about it mate. Regardless of what voltages they were at, mate, they will be getting fed the same watt hours as all the other p groups so the loss is still the same loss. Does that make sense to u mate?

Just stop… think… then write.

5 Likes

That’s a little awkward…

4 Likes

Obviously seems they do as that’s all I’m saying to do. Open the shrink. Check with multimeter.

If u want to post dumb vids and play dumb that ur not actually “working” here as an admin… says more about u.

I wait for u mate? Does that make sense mate?

1 Like

John.

Checking the pack with a multimeter after it has been charged does not tell us the voltage of the cells before it was charged.

Do you have some type of magic multimeter that does?

4 Likes

Let me spell it again for u since ur a fregin special admin who keeps erasing and maybe u erased what I wrote:
If u bulk charge all the p-groups will be getting the same watt hours so the variation STAYS. If anything the damaged battery would have more resistance and that would show up too. Does that make sense mate?

But I’ve said that many times. More interesting to me at this point is how ur actually an admin here

1 Like

Nope, I don’t think you are reading what he’s saying

1 Like

I’m reading just fine. And what I write stands.
The variation stays. Sure it might look better when it’s fully charged but bring it back down again and there’s the variation

1 Like

What the funk are u even talking about? If u want to be simple go be simple somewhere and let people who are capable of understanding how batteries work do that.