Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Yeah, input is great with this throttle. Obviously the remote isn’t as refined as the OSRR but this throttle was from the OG batch of OSSRs which I smashed to smithereens.

1 Like

Good stuff, im gonna adapt @poastoast 's “backpacks”(for poastmote) to it when i get to the mod. Should be later this week.
I definitely need more palm to thumb distance.

This is the case I wanted for it…

9 Likes

I still play with Playdoh too!

2 Likes

I have now ordered a thumb throttle from Andrew so I’ll have my own case design and this mod complete in a couple months

6 Likes

Play with the zero vector frequency under foc-> advanced. Anything from 20-30 on the Stormcore (not a bad idea to rerun motor detection when you change this setting). Other VESCs can go higher than 30, but the Stormcore can’t, presumably because it’s one processor driving two motors. It also doesn’t support the “sample in V0 and V7” option.

3 Likes

I’ve got an occasional clicking sound in my rear end somewhere that is driving me mad. I only hear it when turning or carving. I’ve already installed shims in between all of the bearings. It’s a Trampa gear drive, and right now there is two shims per side. One between the slave pulley bearing, and the first wheel bearing, and then one in between the second wheel bearing, and the axle nut. Perhaps I need more?

edit: I just needed to tighten my axle nuts more. I think because previously I wasn’t really doing it correctly. Now, I tighten them until they can’t get any tighter, and then I back them off about a quarter turn, and insure that everything is spinning without much resistance.

1 Like

Ive had this, in my case it was the wheel bearings. Some wd40 on the axle/bearing fixed it untill I got replacements.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try some 3in1.

2 Likes

@MysticalDork primarily but any input is welcome.

I’ve been using a cheap $20 multimeter and it’s worked fine but,

I’d like longer probes.

The conductive metal part is pretty short and can make certain things unnecessarily difficult.
Other than that I’m not even sure what makes a good multimeter. Very open to suggestions

Those look like the type with removable probe covers. Give them a tug, the part past that prominent finger-blocking ridge, and they should come off and expose more metal.

4 Likes

That kinda looks like a cap with a hole on a regular sized probe, are you sure that isn’t a removable sleeve?

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: I never knew.

3 Likes

that’s what she said

2 Likes

I had no idea this whole time, thank you very much

2 Likes

The feeling when you used something for years, and then get told a basic fact about it that you never knew. :dotted_line_face:

6 Likes

Yep, use this all the time haha, such a nice secret feature

1 Like

Lol welcome - why do you have Quora linked in your :rofl:bio

1 Like

Henlou

does anyone recall the early days when clamp mounts were the meta, hubs and dd were the next big thing, and pneumatic wheels weren’t even widely marketed? dual 6355s pulley setups were the shit back then, we also had carvon, jacob and early hummie hubs and a few mechanical professionals who made their own dual 6374 hub motors

1 Like