Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Have we seen this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/myflash/flash-electric-skateboards-and-airless-wheels?ref=project_link

Just noticed it says funding suspended 2 years ago

1 Like

The deck looks pretty nice, and it looks like they made their own esc? That’s pretty cool. The rest is standard parts from what I can tell.

1 Like

Flash airless are often referred to as the best airless esk8 rubber wheels, but I have never been able to ride em

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I’m having fun exposing my self as a doofus and not pissing mods off

If anyone is wondering, self deprecating humor is a habit from beginning bullied, it’s less fun to cap on someone if they join in
I have not been bullied in decades, but it’s a habit and keeps me humble

I feel like this is exactly why I think they’re so good offroad. My trampa setup (which is also on a Kaly deck) gets very squirmy on uneven shifty ground while my pkps just go in a straight line. Yeah they don’t turn great, I prefer the trampas for street riding as they turn so well. Funny how we can all interpret similar setups so differently.

3 Likes

Git gud

1 Like

is there anyone here using the cloudwheel dounuts ?

I used them for a while on my old Poke hub build. They’re prone to delamination in my experience, I think it was related to the heat of the hubs. Not sure if it’s been fixed.

They always rode well and were a bit comfier than the stock sleeves, just lost some range.

2 Likes

Those are the 105, not the 120, right ?

1 Like

yessir

1 Like

I need fire safety advice,please.
The old lady owns the house, she is worried about fire. I have a few ideas. I can buy sprinkler heads and connect them to our domestic water over my charger station, or get those “fire bombs” that explode with fire retardant at 165f, or my preferred method so far is to build a box for the boards to sit inside, then have 200 lbs of sand in a box/bag on an open grid shelf 12” above the box. A fire will burn the box/ bag, thereby releasing the sand, filling the box.
Any better ideas, obvious flaws in my thinking? Any fire safety advice would be appreciated. I don’t charge unattended. Thanks, she is loosing sleep ot his I suspect.

2 Likes

Water & fire retardant don’t put out a battery fire. They can put out other things ignited by the battery though. A burning battery will contain everything it needs to combust: heat, fuel, and oxidizer. Adding other things doesn’t change that.

My advice is don’t build your own batteries, buy them from a reputable builder in your area that provides lots of photographs of the build process. Don’t use cheap BMSs, fuse the charge port, and don’t use shitty chargers.

2 Likes

Can you get some sheet rock and make a mini indoor shed to roll the boards under?

1 Like

Any place to keep them outside? Garden shed?

2 Likes

I only get batteries from SKP, so I’m as comfortable as I can be there,I don’t have a place outside, I can try to build a vault for them. I was thinking of a fire blanket lined hardybacker vault ?

2 Likes

I may try to get fire bricks and make an “ oven “
I also consider a metal “ job box” to enclose them in , I would try to make as air tight as possible, line with fire blankets.

That would probably just make the box pop open. It needs a vent, I think.

1 Like

Ah, ok you DID say it had an oxygen source, so not sure what I was thinking :thinking:

1 Like