Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Oh, yeah… I forgot you knew about that. It was very embarrassing. I have no idea why there was a group of high school aged girls trick or treating but ofc it happened right in front of them :neutral_face:

3 Likes

SD is extremely signal dense lol that’s no like easy feat to survive.

But yes it disconnects downtown and near certain signal towers

Signal is my single complaint with it, everything else is dope

4 Likes

There’s not a ton of info here, but it’s still interesting. Do we have any airless options with micro bubbles in the compound?

2 Likes

Went on a mean cruise with some dudes on Shermans last night. Was fun riding with people that can keep up with me :sweat_smile:

I need to get some sort of logger setup so I can enter in those fancy contests. We must’ve been going 35mph the whole way. Any recommendations?

3 Likes

I have a couple questions 1: did you do that today cause it’s like 40 degrees and if so you’re insane and I respect your commitment 2: was this with a few guys from the SNR crew? I can’t really think of another place to find a bunch of euc speed demons and 3: what did you ride?

1 Like

Yeah, it was last night actually, so temps were more around 32-34. We rode the interurban trail from Lynnwood to South Shoreline and back. Fucking coooold. I was mostly fine except that I wore my ultraboosts, so my feet were freezing.

I actually met these guys through a mutual friend who didn’t show up for the ride. I’ve never been to the SNR I’m not sure if they typically attend… it was a pair of brothers named Patrick and Eric riding Shermans.

I was riding my tomiboi build, you can peep the thread here :slight_smile: LAVAGIRL - tomiboi MTB | ubox v1 | 12s8p p42a | Luna 350s

3 Likes

Metr or iLogger I think most other ones are out of stock. If you don’t care about all the telemetry then a Garmin or something works fine. I use my MTB garmin and just stick it in my pocket. I think @rafaelinmissouri just picked up a watch

5 Likes

I was just looking at that build, absolutely gorgeous board. And if you’re looking for a telemetry logging device I can’t speak highly enough of a metr module, I absolutely love mine.

3 Likes

Robogotchi or Metr

2 Likes

I got a bike computer too and a wrist strap.
I got the Garmin Edge 130 plus.

I like it so far… For my use

2 Likes

If you don’t want to get any hardware you can download yours truly. If you set it up right, any time you turn on your board it will start a ride and start logging (provided you have your phone with you) without you having to open the app, I love it, and its free.

3 Likes

How’s the BT constant logging affect your phones battery?
Thats my probalem with running any gps apps while riding.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t notice, the phone I actually use is a galaxy s9+, It was cheaper for us to get a 6-line plan than a 5 line with T-mobile and no one was using the last line so I put a SIM in a 2020 I phone SE that was laying around with the sole use to being to run Yours truly, it seems like its fine, it doesn’t go down a noticeable amount on a ride but I keep it charged till I use it every 2 weeks for YT. I assume a newer phone would be even better.

1 Like

I got my s9+ brand new when it came out, ‘upgraded’ to the s20 when that came out and went back to the old s9+. However many yrs later and the s9+ still has a better battery than the s20 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Automatic logging sounds awesome. Definitely going to try that app. Thanks!

I had a similar experience last week, riding with a master pro and some SherMax’s and realizing that’s what it takes to keep up to my build. Most esk8ers I’ve rode with I need to go “slow” so they don’t fall behind (mostly boosted clones and 10s prebuilts)

2 Likes

Yeah, I usually ride with my girlfriend, and she doesn’t like the boards. Her scooter only goes 20mph max on a full charge, so it’s usually pretty slow rides when I’m with her. (which is most of the time)

2 Likes

Now that I finally have a board with decent range, I’ve been worrying about flats on my rides. I’ve never bothered packing any tools to fix a flat on the fly, but I think I want to put a little kit together.

What do you guys do for on-the-go flat fixes? I’ve somehow never had to deal with one before. I’m thinking of just getting a mini electric screwdriver to take the hub apart and bringing a spare tube.

Any advice/tips appreciated!

1 Like

If you’re really worried. Maybe some slime in the tube. I carry sticker patches to patch up holes, a spare tube, and CO2. But with these BKBs I’m honestly not too worried about flats. I can ride slowly with my weight shifted towards the good end and be fine

I’m a big fan of the preassembled spare wheel. Only works if you have 5 of your tire. Swap is a breeze though, gets you back riding in mere moments.