Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

I don’t think it is a valid comparison they are wildly different in size

Roughly, they feel sketchier than any thane wheel I’ve ridden and I’d happily ride the Madesk8 105’s over these

2 Likes

@longhairedboy I have a witchblade in for repair with dead escs. What battery is in here?

1 Like

I’ve had this thought for a few months now, has anyone in the DIY PEV Community implemented their charger into their PEV? Like directly in the battery or even just in the frame so that you have it everywhere you go. Would be pretty cool to see how it would be done. I know the Ladi (cyberbike guy) did it but never showed how he did it.

Would be harder for esk8 due to space limitation but still maybe someone did it :person_shrugging:

what’s that handle / bull bar? got some details?

I could do it, I have a tiny 1.5A charger that fits inside my enclosure but I’d rather have the option of switching chargers for different use cases.

1 Like

Backfire bracket:

Trampa bull bar:

2 Likes

i will check it out, thanks!

4 Likes

You could have a switch that turns it to an open loop or not plug the smaller charger and have another plug straight to your BMS if you want to use another charger.

A modular charger would be a good idea :thinking:

1 Like

Do you have a relevant hyperlink

That’s subjective

1 Like

That moment you realize you forgot to buy a spare tire :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But it could be, has potential if it can be made real small and light

shot in the dark:

just saw someone about an hour ago riding a top-mounted board in EDMONDS, WA, off 52nd AVE W. i was riding my evo build with my gf on her scooter

top mount battery, full face… any chance you’re on this forum? <3

most likely a 12S5P 30Q. That is a very early model and was likely during a time when everyone, including me, was still figuring out how to build skate proof batteries. Since I don’t know exactly when that was built, it could be one of my earlier monolithic packs. Those often suffered broken welds. The enclosure was designed for 18650s stacked in a certain way, and it’s still possible to do that with the most recent standards set by the community. You probably only have room for copper braid between the cell groups though, wire likely won’t fit.

6 Likes

Anyone have some griptape laying around they don’t need/want anymore? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes; but not in :de: and it’s too cheap to make shipping worthwhile

it’s also not the good stuff, that isn’t extra

1 Like

yeah no need to ship it round the world, I just figured I’d ask here before I buy some

1 Like

HV?

High Voltage, near or over 100V

1 Like

anything over 12S voltage for an esk8 is HV

6 Likes