Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

He bites, pulls hair, and will at times go in for the old dicktwister. Fair warning.

6 Likes

No one has ever recovered from this. Good ol dicktwist.

4 Likes

Lol I’m all good now

1 Like

Was cool seeing the Metroboard/Hoyt setup at Electrify Expo here in Seattle. Got to ride a Booger.

I wish Evolve, Kaly, LaCroix, Backfire, Exway, etc would participate in these sort of conventions more often. Esk8 needs more exposure.

13 Likes

Esk8 needs more exposure but evolve needs less.

4 Likes

Only with 100mm.

Don’t remember what top speed i brough them to. Currently running 10sy so 43km/h. Did 12s once but have no logs.

Dude! Why didn’t you tell us you were on the forum! Literally @BenjaminF , myself, @GeraldSwerdfegger , @JJHoyt and @Yeahthatperson we’re there!

You were asking about stable trucks! You could have tried our ROSA trucks!

4 Likes

Glad you got to try one out! Introduce yourself next time, we are all always happy to chat with a fellow DIY guy :grin:

Evolve was on the roster but didnt bother to show up :joy:

Fully agree. That’s why @Hoytskate is out there doing the lord’s work, and spreading the good work of Skatan! :metal:

6 Likes

Definitely gotta stay longer and chat next time! You guys were slammed and the lady and I were in a hurry. Really wish I could’ve tried the UAV. That’s the one with Rosa trucks, yeah?

Really appreciate all the work you guys do! When’s the next similar event in the area?

2 Likes

Indeed!

CarvePDX in Portland :metal:

4 Likes

Screenshot 2022-07-25 2.08.28 PM
ahh, over a year here and I finally got this one

1 Like

My MBS matrix ii felt awful. They wouldn’t hold a straight line - like I had to be constantly turning to be stable at all. I took the kingpins and bushings apart and greased them with Superlube, a PTFE grease.

They feel like freaking magic now. A world of difference. Give your trucks some love - lube 'em up.

3 Likes

Definitely have had this feeling on both sets of trucks with new bushings. Gotta preload and break them in a bit as you said for sure to get rid of that tight rope feel.

1 Like

Replying here as to not clutter Tomi’s thread…

Edit: removed link :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

3 Likes

I accidentally did my PPM calibration on my puck in mode 1 or 2. not sure which, but it made mode 3 feel like psycho amounts of power. I’ve been riding with it like that for a few days, and was shocked by how much immediate torque mode 3 had.

I re-did the PPM setup with puck set to mode 3 and things feel much more reasonable now.

Still lots of power, but not throw you off the board type of acceleration.

1 Like

The puck outputs PWM, not PPM

1 Like

8 Likes

If VESC was silly enough to call chicken turkey, would you still call it turkey, even though you knew it was chicken?

of course we would

Might as well call the motors fans while we’re at it :laughing: I mean, they both spin, so what’s the difference.

1 Like

My motors are known as merry-go-rounds

11 Likes

I won’t call motors fans, but I will gladly just start calling all fans “motors” and never referring to them as fans again.