Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

I ran nightshift at laurel mountain for a few years then ended up at hidden valley and most recently boyce park.

I now travel doing mainly lift maintenance and magic carpet installs.

You ski/ride?

1 Like

Yeah I board and ski, and my parents have a condo at hidden valley right at the top of the avalanche lift :ok_hand:

1 Like

You go out during the week much? I try to avoid weekends at 7s and hv. Typically ride 9am weekdays at springs couple times a week and weekends at laurel mtn

1 Like

Not really, school gets in the way :frowning: Though I might be able to skip once or twice this winter to come up.

Have you done any riding around the resorts during the summer?

1 Like

Just got into esk8 in mid August and was on the road mostly until Thanksgiving. Just got a set of bergs, no emtb yet. ~2000mi on thane so far though.

Nice ride.

1 Like

This is my second day of playing with it so take it with a grain of salt.

I’m quite impressed with the laser capability. Anodizing aluminum is perfectly possible.

It can cut 3mm MDF with just 2 passes at 5mm/s speed. It’s a bit slow but still usable.

I’m just making a guinea-pig house to justify the investment to my wife. :laughing:

The work area is nice and you can easily put the laser on a big object as you can see on the picture above.

Even the customer support is responsive and surprisingly helpful.

10 Likes

Looks great! Does it use the rdworks software?

Thanks. :slight_smile: The laser driver is grbl and I use Lightburn to control it.

They also apparently have something custom built on top of the grbl since there’s fancy stuff like running gcode from an SD card that you can control with a touch display that connects to the driver board. You can also control it over WiFi (though I’m not sure if that’s a particularly good idea).

1 Like

Thats cool, I use a laser at work, can make some cool stuff with it. You should try if you can cut acryllic, that’s awesome to engrave too btw.

2 Likes

Finished! I hope the guineapig likes it. :slight_smile:

Already worth the money. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

next test: 0.2mm nickel sheet :joy:

9 Likes

That sounds like one of my plans, though I don’t execute as well. :joy:

3 Likes

I had a laser cutter at my house for a while that my wife’s friend owned and recall her saying something about only being able to do black acrylic because the laser would reflect/refract on clear and most colors.

4 Likes

Probably depends on the wattage. the one we have is 150w industrial and can cut 12 mm acrylic. I recall reflecting of the laserbeam is a thing, thats why you should not try to cut metals with a CO2 laser. Burning away anodizing layers for creating a logo is fine though.

3 Likes

If anyone has build a drift trike or go cart what motor is recommended lots of options out there just curious on a good one (drift trike in the works)

@NullBlox built one

3 Likes

Well worth it, yes you can make them have more power.
If you are starting this is a great base imo and would consider it entry level.
They are fast enough to get hurt, I will leave it at that.

1 Like

I built an ebike with one of these dirt cheap ebike hubs and was pleasantly surprised with the speed. I imagine it’d be more than strong enough for a trike. Only issue is that it’s on a 26" wheel. You could maybe have a bike shop re-lace the motor on to a 20" wheel for a hundred bucks-ish?

I still have one hub in my garage for future stupidity.

Maybe I’ll buy 3 more and make an e-chariot

3 Likes

i still have this thing in my living room and I don’t want it :rofl:
it didn’t fit on my bike :cry:

1 Like

Gib it to me for shipping cost +$10 :wink:

1 Like