Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Command and Conquer, age of empires, and heroes of might and magic taught me how to stay up until 3 AM. Classics. I heard a new command and conquer may he coming out but haven’t seen any updates.

2 Likes

Speaking of Doom, first online game I ever played. Waiting for my buddy around a corner with the dual shotgun was literally a blast.

1 Like

An unknown-name adventure game and a Star Trek shooting gallery game on an HP3000 minicomputer in 1983. :grin:

Only available on the operator’s console in the computer room so we had to play after hours.

5 Likes

@MoeStooge Hat got a random in the MidWest interested. Apparently building a custom scooter, was pretty mesmerized by your instagram & is hopping on the forum.

The power of ze hat

1 Like

Great vid if you’re interested in video essays / futurology / mass surveilance / evil corporations. Funny too!

Very interested. Tell me more!

1 Like

Built a 10s4p battery from cells reclaimed from a GTR battery that had a bad BMS, it’s been charging for a couple hours and still hasn’t gone up, 2A charging. How can I fix this issue? I still have some extra cells if I need to replace a p-group. Pack is stuck at 33.9v.

Dang you had to go and see that

I have nothing to say yet, it’s all in my head. I would likely be looking at it being a maytech v2 mod or a osrr dual trigger mod

Upvote for the Maytech v2 mod, just cos I’ve got so many of them.

I’m just curious what the features of a track-focused remote should be as compared to any other use-case. I think I want the same intuitive ergonomics in every case.

Maybe one limitation of remote-holding that’s more significant in racing is the ability to grab a rail with your remote hand.

2 Likes

Mouth remote inside the helmet to keep both hands free.

We really need a new trigger remote in the scene though. The Maytech v2 and the vx3 have kind of grown stale.

2 Likes

I don’t really know why I said track focused - I really meant, one that you could ACTUALLY slide on if you needed to use your remote hand as a slider

Trust me, it’ll look weird, but the goal would be ergonomics, using the correct motion of your fingers.

Maybe dumb question, and I don’t actually race yet, but why would you want to do that?

1 Like

On a tight turn, pulling the outer edge can help tighten your curve. Gives you better lines in the right situation.

1 Like

Brings a tear to my eurocommie eye :’)

5 Likes

I love NotJustBikes but it really does make me so envious of how (seemingly) quickly these projects get put in place. Of course this is an outside perspective but it seems like things regarding infrastructure happen so much faster.

In Austin I just read about a new paved bike path that replaces an unused rail line being implemented near my work and was really excited until I saw that earliest completion was 2025…

3 Likes

Purple area is my skatable within home and safe roads area.

That red line is a bike bath that connects as far as my heart desires.

I can not freaking wait for this bike trail project to be done. Notice how my hood is connected to it via a nice green “high priority” line.

The other end of that green line goes to a bunch of rural land owned by the zoo where they let the cheetahs run.

7 Likes

Agreed.

I’m getting pretty substantial differences between the 3ds and esk8 news calculator.

With 8" tires
18wh/km average
12s6p p42a
15t/72t

I get 28.8km range on 3ds and 57.6km on esk8.news.

2 Likes

how? wtf?

1 Like

I have the same issues, not only with range but I’ve had up to 30km/h speed differences between the two as well.

Methinks one of the two calculators is broken somewhere.

1 Like

I’d like to know as well

Speed is also weird on 3ds. It has speed average which is almost correct (i get a real world max speed of 52/53km/h

But then it lists the other speed tab. Which 67km/h max and 61 loaded

2 Likes

Whoa it doubles range exactly

3 Likes