PROPEL All-Terrain Off-Road Electric Skateboards

I hope the board turns out to be good and they do well.

Price wise seems like a good value.

4 Likes

It does seem super cool, time will tell for durability

2 Likes

it shows promise and they seem like they would rather quickly adopt any improvements they could find.

Not save them up for another entire product release.

2 Likes
2 Likes

What weight was used as a ā€œtypical riderā€ when designing? Does the DIY kit need 4 motors or just 2?

3 Likes

dude.
I just watched Ronnieā€™s video.

really makes me want to try a board like this.

1 Like

something about the Suspension truck designā€¦ Does it not have steering rods?? I wish one would roll up outside my houseā€¦

The suspension members being at an angle giving steering effects the same as a channel truck looks like.

hmm reminds me of the FB5-X trucks a bit with the design. Looks basically like if you took a channel truck hanger and turned it into independent suspension.

Hmm maybe this is a way to get raising center of gravity on a Rod end truck by giving it suspension @CHAINMAILLEKID

3 Likes

I think its pretty cool that they went even that one extra step on that one little stat. I know in actuality it probably isnā€™t much better, stat wise, but if they know that matters and acknowledge it thats still a first ive seen and a plus.

3 Likes

I just watched this short review, and wow it is so cool watching the suspension work

It just looks so planted and predictable

3 Likes

HMmm this quote right here

no trucks, suspension system to turnā€¦

1 Like

Im leaning towards ordering one for review, but its going to take forever since i cant justify the air freight cost šŸ„²

2 Likes

Ahah
We have a similar mindset for sure
I looked at it and concluded they are using the same principle as the channel trucks
Turning is due to the angle of the front and rear brackets (Am I clear?)

1 Like

does 12s5p seem abit underpowered?
Maybe on par with a pre-build.

Maybe Iā€™m just use to all the monster batteries our battery builders have been showing off ;p

2 Likes

This is what it is lol - 12s5p is a perfectly respectable battery

I can tell you there are basically no boards with a battery that size at that price point

7 Likes

im also factoring this is a ā€˜heavy off roadā€™ board which usually has terrible wh/km

3 Likes

Yeah I mean my guess is maybe 15 miles of hard offroad, but thatā€™s still not too bad for the price

4 Likes

looks like the base of the suspension truck is actually closely designed together with the main deck body. So in the example prices for the old model only the lower will be available or practical to work with given odd mounting if the entire end assembly does separate and is sold like that.

1 Like
1 Like

@Fosterqc over here like ā€œgive me the suspension and nobody gets hurtā€

Meanwhile I just want that x4s deck with its crazy concave wings.

2 Likes