PROPEL All-Terrain Off-Road Electric Skateboards

So yesterday I swapped out the stock Ling Yi ESC that came with my Endeavor2S with a Unity. Then plugged the Endeavor power switch with the built-in 4 pin JST male plug to the Unity’s 5 pin JST female connector. Only one side of the connector will allow the Unity to power on. From there I configured Unity with VESC tool.

#1 The problem I’ve run into is that I cannot power off the Unity from Endeavor power switch. So then tried configuring Shutdown Mode to 5 minutes, but Unity never shuts off.

#2 Another issue I’ve found is that after the Unity sits idle, it’ll start flashing red with a Fault code. However that goes away on it’s own if I begin accelerate. It’ll then return on it’s own if the Unity sits idle after some time.

well use faults command to check, also look up focbox antispark fail

1 Like

1 Like

The turning radius I saw in the video is impressive. Does anyone know how durable the suspension is? If I remember correctly, there were some parts snapping in the original version.

2 Likes

The control arms are known to bust. Probably cheezy cast.
Would have been good for Scott to mention if they upgraded that or not. Guessing not since he didnt mention it.
Goes down to most reviewers are salesmen in disguise.

3 Likes

That’s not a problem! I’m sure @Savage1 can make a better control arm.

2 Likes

Haven’t looked into this honestly, but thanks for vote of confidence.

2 Likes

Propel now offers new stronger control arms as an option… :wink:

Lol, fucking chodes.
I heard they’ve called the breaking ones “mechanical fuses” :laughing: :rofl:
What a sidestep of responsibility.

TBFAAAIIIIIR they are kind of fun to ride. Quite different than anything if riden.

3 Likes

seems like the turf board is the great grandpa of the Endeavor haha

1 Like

While it does very much depend on what kind of riding you do and especially what kind of terrain one would take this board, I know for the kind of off-roading I do, any of the Propel, Bajaboard, or similar designs I’ve seen would last about one minute before something would be broken. All that stuff also adds a ton of weight and the ground clearance on a lot of the designs is pretty limiting.

2 Likes

Slight thread revival here. I’ve been reading this post the past couple days and wanted to put down some feedback about this Endeavor 2S that I’ve had for about a month now. I’ve got about 110 miles on the clock, and I mainly ride off-road. I am a long-time snowboarder and I’m really rough on the board, so ymmv.

Some people on here were complaining about the wheel bearings really slowing down. I’ve experienced this too, but upon extraction they seem to work just fine again. Propel sent me some replacements, but even those didn’t work correctly. Reason? I think the machined opening in the wheel hub is slightly too small, and it’s putting way too much stress on the bearing. Putting these bearings back in the hubs took a crazy amount of force. After some trial and error I actually shaved out some metal to provide more clearance and the problem vanished. Thankfully, I only had this problem on one of the 4 wheels they sent.

The stock wheel pulleys started to wobble at about 50 miles of use, so much so that they were nearly contacting the metal guard directly adjacent to them. I contacted Propel and sent them a video and they told me they were aware of the issue and sent me new pullies with an updated design. Why these updated ones weren’t sent initially, only greed can tell.

The “flopping” issue concerning the bushings suddenly collapsing is a thing, but something that, as stated above, only happens at slow speeds. I’m only 170 lbs, but I’ve had to almost max out the pre-tension on my bushings to keep the deck stable at speed (15+mph). I don’t recall which bushings came with the board, but they are definitely not as hard as some reviewers were stating. It takes a good lean to achieve full tilt and the tightest turning radius, but i never have to actually grab the board and “hang” to achieve a super tight turn.

It is really really hard to get a tire pump onto the tire valves. These valves rest almost right up against the inner side of the wheel, so that even removing the valve caps can be next to impossible.

The recommended wheel speed setting (straight from Propel’s virtual garage) is 80 for the stock off-road tires. I’ve confirmed via GPS that this is incorrect, and that it should be closer to 87 if you want a more accurate reading on your speedometer and odometer.

Other than these issues, I’m really happy with everything else… Battery & motor performance, durability, remote, design, deck, shocks. This thing is a blast. I’m having a ton of fun.

4 Likes

thoughts on these?

1 Like

2 Likes

The Propel Ruckus pre-sale went live today.

1 Like

it is really cool!!Do you have any suggestion about how can i replace 8 inchs tires to 10 inchs tires? Or do you have any link where i can buy that? thank you!!

Anyone know what the width and length of the new Ruckus deck is?

Under specifications there’s some dimensions but I think it’s for the whole board. Not sure if it helps or not.